Virtuosos?

If anyone has heard Gustavo Carmo, whom I've not until now, basically fits the bill of what I was looking for in the first place regarding a virtuoso that plays PRS, in this case, a Cu24. Mad, mad chops.

If anyone has heard Gustavo Carmo, whom I've not until now, basically fits the bill of what I was looking for in the first place regarding a virtuoso that plays PRS, in this case, a Cu24. Mad, mad chops.

This sounded very 'Dream Theatre' like - not that I have problem with that at all as a fan of DT. I could happily listen to Albums of this and that guy can play. As this is the very first time I have heard of these, I don't know who is who, who that guitarist is but I do think that he deserves a LOT more global exposure and if PRS haven't done so already, try and get the guitarist on board as a PRS guitarist. Not only would that help this 'group' get more global exposure but also be positive for PRS because that guitar sounded 'epic' - not that I didn't think PRS guitars couldn't but it would also show the world that they are not 'just' wall decoration, can play rock with great note definition, sit in the mix etc. PRS's answer to Music Man's John Petrucci for example.

Regardless, I loved this so tank-you for introducing me to them.

This sounded very 'Dream Theatre' like - not that I have problem with that at all as a fan of DT. I could happily listen to Albums of this and that guy can play. As this is the very first time I have heard of these, I don't know who is who, who that guitarist is but I do think that he deserves a LOT more global exposure and if PRS haven't done so already, try and get the guitarist on board as a PRS guitarist. Not only would that help this 'group' get more global exposure but also be positive for PRS because that guitar sounded 'epic' - not that I didn't think PRS guitars couldn't but it would also show the world that they are not 'just' wall decoration, can play rock with great note definition, sit in the mix etc. PRS's answer to Music Man's John Petrucci for example.

If you're a DT fan, check out these guys.

and some of their DT covers

The drummer though, DAMN! He's a fricken octopus with talent.

Edit: Just noticed the octopus hanging from the frame. The guitar is great, but the percussion grabs and holds my attention. Once again, DAMN!

Last edited:

You're very welcome buddy, I too, think he's well deserving of any endorsement PRS can offer him. Frankly, even as a Petrucci fan, this gentleman kinda obliterates him. Even more fluid technique and honestly a better sense of melody imo.

Wow, that run at 6:48 is completely bonkers.

Ridiculous haha, 7.29 really got me too.

[
If you're a DT fan, check out these guys.

and some of their DT covers

I know them, great playing, only problem...no PRS in sight :p

Back