Virtual Experience 2020

Sigh, yeah.

Annoyingly, when PRS Exp 2020 got cancelled, it freed up the weekend to go visit my sister for her twin daughters' college graduation ceremony.

Yeah, that didn't happen either.

On the plus side, the band is doing a heck of a lot of writing, myself included. We are about 2/3 of the way into recording the base tracks and some rough mixes of our next CD (all the material is written), but we are also collating leftover material for the CD after that, which will apparently be a Concept Album! I've been tasked with threading together the existing material and finding suggestions for new material to help round it out. Not a specific story like The Wall, but more definitive than the abstract concepts of Dark Side of the Moon. More like a bunch of similar or related stories and themes. Musically it is a fair bit diverse, I suppose.

Still, I would have liked to have been at Exp 2020.

I'd be looking for any members who want to pregame tonight. Friends I haven't met yet, old friends who want to hang. Whoever's around.
But maybe it's for the best since it's supposed to rain tomorrow and it's going to be unseasonably cold this weekend. Maybe the weather will be better for the makeup event.

Last night I was to stop in Hershey to drink some Troeg's, one of my favourite US based craft brewers, with jfb and Tosca.
My best approximation was to gather some favourites from my local breweries. Second Wedge is a bike ride from the house, so they got top billing. Hop City is bigger but farther away so its easy to run out.
VirtualExp2020Tasting.JPG

Rain Maker is dark and stormy. 3 Rocks is one of a few IPAs I enjoy. Elgin Blonde has a light Belgian character. Barking Squirrel is robust and fun.
Served with my best approximation to pub food since I know longer remember most of Troeg's menu.
VirtualExp2020BrewFood.JPG

This morning Mrs and I planned to eat at Hershey Pantry. Still one of my 5 favourite breakfast places world wide. We might have had something like this:
CK_930ChocolateOatmeal.JPG

or
CK_931HersheyPantryBenedict.JPG

Instead, she had to settle for me using a bunch of frying pans
VirtualExp2020Kitchen.JPG

and serving
VirtualExp2020Breakfast.JPG

And by now, we'd be checking in and hooking up with some of the early crowd, like JustRob.

I'd be looking for any members who want to pregame tonight. Friends I haven't met yet, old friends who want to hang. Whoever's around.
But maybe it's for the best since it's supposed to rain tomorrow and it's going to be unseasonably cold this weekend. Maybe the weather will be better for the makeup event.

I thought we were doing the makeup thing indoors. No - I just realized you mean the makeup for Experience. I was thinking of something else.

This would have been the last night at the beach under the original plan, so a last meal at DaVinci's and one last Dumser's run. But since the beach was canceled because of my wife's knee, I'd have been on my way to dinner at Famous Dave's in Frederick, then on to HGI-Annapolis and trying to connect w/anyone to hang out a bit. So probably more of this...

myfriends.jpg

Hi All.

You know what time it's supposed to be. I'm going for a virtual experience. Feel free to come along.

Since the first stop on the trip was to include my St Louis taco king, I warmed up last night with
VirtualExp2020WarmUp.JPG

Blueberry margarita. Tacos shown are beef, chicken and fish. There was also pork. I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy.

Then the drive to Hershey. I didn't think I'd need room for more than three guitars with my luggage, so the two seater seems good.
VirtualExp2020Drive.JPG

I'm sure it would warm up enough to drop the top somewhere around the PA border.

Why don't we all set ourselves up for an epic weekend.
Hi All.

You know what time it's supposed to be. I'm going for a virtual experience. Feel free to come along.

Since the first stop on the trip was to include my St Louis taco king, I warmed up last night with
VirtualExp2020WarmUp.JPG

Blueberry margarita. Tacos shown are beef, chicken and fish. There was also pork. I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy.

Then the drive to Hershey. I didn't think I'd need room for more than three guitars with my luggage, so the two seater seems good.
VirtualExp2020Drive.JPG

I'm sure it would warm up enough to drop the top somewhere around the PA border.

Why don't we all set ourselves up for an epic weekend.

Pete. I have a R9 VOS and a SG VOS. Seems you have a 2 seater vehicle VOS. That’s why you always have a seat at the Cool Kids table. Lol.

Back