Vintage PRS: 1985-1991 The Golden Years

Hello,
really great pics in this thread!
I´m new here. I do like the Annapolis-PRSi, I own a early Cu24, a Signature, a Artist I and a 10th Anni.
From Stevensville I like guitars with rosewood necks and 59/09 pickups.
As soon as I understand, how to do, I`ll ad some pics.
Dirk (Germany)

Welcome to the forum Dirk! We're happy to have you!!

1990 CU24 10 Top with wide thin neck, in tortoise shell. The fretboard has almost no pores and is so smooth it almost feels like it has some sort of silky finish on it. Feels damned nice.

Bs-Juih-NBQh-OLUOwq5v-FV8-Q.jpg

2-Vuoko-N3-S6-G9-S5x8hscr-DA.jpg

I like it too. Many (most?) people seem to want a brazilian board (or any rosewood board, really) to be black as ebony or as close to it as possible. But I love the color variation and patterns in the grain on this board and ones like it. Just makes them unique.
I'm with ya on that!

Wow this is the coolest thread I have seen on the interwebs in years! I had to join just to post the pictures of one of mine, although it says I cant post any pictures to prevent spam. I have a 1991 custom24 with tune o matic, sweet switch, moon inlays, hfs and vintage bass pickups, and the inside of the bridge pickup cavity says "CUSTOM BLACK" with the same serial number, but in 1990. Gotta love PRS!

A moderator announced, that it will be possible soon, to take pics straight from the PC into the forum.

I´m really looking forward to that, maybe we can get some new life in this great thread.

Back