Vintage Bass Humbucker Mounting Screws

Shane DeBoe

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Vintage Bass humbucker that I am going to install in another guitar. The problem is I bought it used and it only came with 1 mounting screw— you know, the 2 screws that have springs on them and attach them to the pickguard or body and adjust the pickup height. Anyway, I cannot find ANYTHING online or at any local hardware store. I’m stumped:mad:.

Any help is much appreciated,

Shane

If I can’t possibly find them anywhere else I might break down and do it but it’s hard to justify that when I only need 1 screw and if I found it at a hardware store I’d be paying a fraction of a dollar instead of $3.50 + $5.00 shipping

Just email StewMac as they'll know for sure. US thread is I believe Phillips head #3-48 x 1-1/4 inch. If you have one screw with your pickup you can measure the length of that to get an idea if the StewMac screw is any good. If it's an import version of the VB (if such a thing even exists in the SE / S2 line) then it'll probably have a metric thread. Lots of posts on the StewMac site saying their screws won't fit Epiphone, which will have import pickups in.

Back