Vince Gill joins The Eagles upcoming tour

I would seriously consider that. Never got to see the Eagles.

I would seriously consider that. Never got to see the Eagles.

I was lucky enough to see the Eagles in 1971 when "Taking it Easy" was starting to get airplay. Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner were in the band then. They opened up for Yes, which was a strange mixture of genres. Then, I saw them years later during the Hell Freezes Over tour. Awesome show!

He'll put on a good show:)

Thanks to Mike Hansen, my wife and I got to see Vince and company at the Washington State Fair. We got to go on the stage before the show for sound check, and had dinner with them before they went on. What incredible talents Vince and band are. It was one of my favorite music experiences ever. I still have a pack of guitar strings Vince's tech gave me, and Vince was kind enough to sign.

That's pretty awesome 11top! The more I listen to Vince, the more impressed I am with both his voice an especially his guitar playing.

I apologize in advance to all here but I guess I'll be the lone voice of opposition here by saying that this seems like a total cash grab orchestrated by Irving Azoff, the Eagles' "manager" (aka Satan). No disrespect meant to Vince Gill, as he is truly an amazing and way more than capable musician for the job, but how in the world did Don Henley go from saying "The Eagles are done" after Glenn Frey's passing to green-lighting THIS? Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt obviously have no say in the matter as they are merely glorified sidemen so all fingers point to Azoff. Maybe I'm still just holding a grudge to the way they treated Don Felder but this whole back peddling on Henley's part is just sad.

I'm in the don't care about band politics camp. I've seen it with so many bands that I love. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Eagles... I'm over it.

These people have a talent and level of playing I'll never have. I just want to hear the music, thank you very much. I'm not going to let squabbles over which I have no input or control keep me from enjoying some tasty tunes.

I only ask ONE thing from any performer I go to see. Play your music. Don't lecture me on politics (Bono), don't grouse about an exband-mate (Waters and the dude from Tears for Fears)... Shut up and sing.

If I like your songs, I'll actually pay good money to buy them and hear you perform them live.

Back