Video Review of a Special Private Stock I found in Japan

Utkarsh

A Les Paul guy who loves PRSs
Hi folks,
I bought this very beautiful Private Stock Custom 24 (Singlecut thickness) in a small town in Japan and then found out some fascinating history about it, linking to NAMM a few years ago.
Link to the video below. And it's quite a guitar!

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
I love the guitars they have in Japan but can never convince them to brave the CITES hoop for me. Bummer. :(

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Beautiful guitar...congrats!
Thanks for the cool video.

ElrytNamrogo

My name be scrambled
Beautiful guitar and great video! I always enjoy videos of Private Stocks. Seems like we usually only get to see photos of them, so when a video pops up and you're able to see the characteristics of the woods and coloration change as the guitar moves, well it's a treat.

Thanks for sharing!!!

WA Paul

All dogs go to heaven
Awesome! Thanks for sharing the video and congrats on the killer guitar!

BrianC

more toys than talent
great story and guitar!!

I am a custom 24 guy and have three. Was a LP guy like you prior to PRS. My p24 trem is thicker but not single cut thickness, not much of a noticeable tone difference.
Very curious to hear a cu24 with a pattern neck and sc thickness in person.

Utkarsh

A Les Paul guy who loves PRSs
Thanks all for the kind words. It really does sound very different ( as I may said in the video). I don't know whether my mind is pre-clouded by tone wood assumptions, but it is one thick sounding guitar, almost like it had a HFS, but with a lot more clarity.
Also, yes I wish there were a lot more videos of Private stocks. Seeing so many, as I have browsed all over Japan, has been a dream