Very noisy 594

Freetz

I have what seems to be a pretty noisy 594 core model, like Strat single coil noisy. Into a clean amp at any volume with the guitar wide open its super noisy. I have to roll either the volume or tone off to 3-4 to cut that noise. The noise goes away if I put my hands on any of the hardware/strings/etc. Not using the coil splits, though interestingly it doesn't seem to get any worse when I engage the coil splits.

For comparison, I have a HBII core that has the same 58/15LT pickups as the 594 (actually the 594 is the TCI version of those, and the HBII is not), and on the same amp, wide open, same standing position, same everything, it makes no noise at all.

It's the comparison with the HBII that has me suspicious - I'd normally chalk up the noise to the rug I'm standing on, the room, phase of the moon, etc., but this one has me stumped. Nothing seems to be loose electrically, and I've confirmed everything that should be grounded to the case of the volume/tone pots is indeed grounded, including the little wire to the bridge.

Anyone else have this issue and stumbled onto a solution?

Yeah, you have a grounding issue somewhere - get in touch with your dealer or PRS Customer Service directly.

Back