Very lightweight Silver Sky SE

Mimasu

Got myself a 2021 Silver Sky SE. Already owned two US Silver Sky's. Both US models were almost exactly the same weight, about 3.4 kg. I saw some reviews of the SE and some mentioned it being heavier that a US model. My SE weights only about 2.95 kg. I like lightweigt guitars and she sound fantastic. But going from heavier than a US model to less than 3 kg would make a very big variation. Are there more very lightweigt SE's aroud or did I just get lucky?

Leon

Are there more very lightweigt SE's aroud or did I just get lucky?

Yes and yes. With the variation in wood, there are bound to be some more of them on the lighter side (and heavier side, too). It just may take some hunting and some luck to find them. I would say 3kg or less is on the exceptionally light side for that style of guitar, however.

That is very light, especially because poplar has the tendency to outweigh alder!

Funny thing is that scientific measures are all in inches, grains and pounds.

;)

My Cu22 is 4.4kg (9.7lbs) which is on the heavy side. I love playing the guitar (it has D1s and has a monster tone) but it's too heavy for regular play with my dodgy back.

Congrats dude on the guitar! Pics are always requested.

OK, here we go:

IMG_4045.jpg

Got myself a 2021 Silver Sky SE. Already owned two US Silver Sky's. Both US models were almost exactly the same weight, about 3.4 kg. I saw some reviews of the SE and some mentioned it being heavier that a US model. My SE weights only about 2.95 kg. I like lightweigt guitars and she sound fantastic. But going from heavier than a US model to less than 3 kg would make a very big variation. Are there more very lightweigt SE's aroud or did I just get lucky?

Leon
Yours is typical as they are made from Poplar wood not the heavier alder and ash used by Fender.

Back