Very confused about my future and what I want to do when I grow up

notice how, until picard, no one ever quotes a red shirt.

and everyone knows i read greats at eton; that’s why i’m command.

GmksN34Y8G-2.png

Get your engineering degree. <snip> Not many stupid people have engineering degrees, if any. <snip>

Not only have I known engineers who qualify as stupid, I called one boss for a couple of years. While he had intelligence (book learnin') he was severely lacking in common sense. And that is a dangerous combination. Common sense can be just as important as the book learning in the real world.

Not only have I known engineers who qualify as stupid, I called one boss for a couple of years. While he had intelligence (book learnin') he was severely lacking in common sense. And that is a dangerous combination. Common sense can be just as important as the book learning in the real world.
Some schools make better engineers than others. They tend to get well enough recognized that a stupid card will disqualify you from admission.
Good instructors/mentors will ensure that you appreciate the role of common sense in formulating your plan of attack.

Some schools make better engineers than others. They tend to get well enough recognized that a stupid card will disqualify you from admission.
Good instructors/mentors will ensure that you appreciate the role of common sense in formulating your plan of attack.
For some reason I look up to Paul as a mentor, but I would love if I could establish a conversation with him about my future and what I could do with luthiery along with actual engineering. I watched his master class last night:
Great video, would recommend it and I am just so drawn to luthiery but I also want to survive in this world and have a good job. I could also consider going into sound engineering, and acoustics because one of my sisters is taking that next semester to finish her undergrad and then is doing an accelerated masters for two semesters. Acoustics sounds so cool because you get to learn how sound works and the physics of sound and how the room can affect it.

Growing up is overrated. Staying perpetually 12 years old (mentally) has been my favorite hobby. It’s not that big a deal. (That’s what she said)

Nothing personal, Boogie, but just stating the obvious. I'm much more mature than you, as I chose to do my "mental freeze" at 16.

(Only because I needed a drivers license. But hey, if you ever need a ride... ).

Back