Verification of Left Handed PRS

Don’t apologize as I didn’t take it as rude. I’m just frustrated as a lefty and if I’m honest stayed away from PRS for that reason. But I’m happy to be part of the family. I did contact PRS and got some verified information!

From Customer Support:

Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars.

Serial# 4 83807 is an authentic 2004 Custom 22 Lefty, with a Quilted Maple top, Mahogany neck with a Wide-Thin profile, East Indian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, Straight stoptail bridge, Dragon II treble and bass pickups, finished in Raspberry, with gold hardware. This is a CORE model.

The pickups and color were likely chosen by the dealer that originally purchased the guitar.

The PTC does not offer 'ding' repair. It could be refinished; however, we do not have a prediction as to when we will be offering full re-finish services again.

I hope this information finds you well. We appreciate your continued support of PRS.
Awesome guitar

Yeah, agreed, it's impossible to find lefties... :D

EeYweoS.jpg
holy smokes i remember this being under build — and waiting for guitars. nice.

Don’t apologize as I didn’t take it as rude. I’m just frustrated as a lefty and if I’m honest stayed away from PRS for that reason. But I’m happy to be part of the family. I did contact PRS and got some verified information!

From Customer Support:

Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars.

Serial# 4 83807 is an authentic 2004 Custom 22 Lefty, with a Quilted Maple top, Mahogany neck with a Wide-Thin profile, East Indian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, Straight stoptail bridge, Dragon II treble and bass pickups, finished in Raspberry, with gold hardware. This is a CORE model.

The pickups and color were likely chosen by the dealer that originally purchased the guitar.

The PTC does not offer 'ding' repair. It could be refinished; however, we do not have a prediction as to when we will be offering full re-finish services again.

I hope this information finds you well. We appreciate your continued support of PRS.

No worries, we're not really that straight edge around here. I was mainly apologizing for being a wiseguy and hijacking your thread! It took a lot of time and Reverb stalking to get that many lefties, so I totally understand!

holy smokes i remember this being under build — and waiting for guitars. nice.

IKR? It seems like forever ago to me, but it was really just the start of COVID!

Well guys, she has arrived and she is beautiful. Been cleaning her up so no photos just yet. However, I wanted to ask a question about finish touch ups. So in my support ticket they said the PTC isnt doing finish touch ups and only does refinishes (which is not happening atm). However, on another thread someone said they were able to get their finished touched up. I know my guitar isnt under warranty, but they cant do any touchups? I find that strange. Anyone have any ideas? (BTW, I am unaware if they will even refinish in discontinued colors, or even do the clearcoat the old way if asked to)

Back