Vela with a difference...

I think I'd take the original too, something about that Tele like bridge is cool, whereas this one is pretty standard fare stuff, and not even adjustable.

I'd perfer the stoptail myself, so I would rock something like that. Defintely Antique White, though Jet White would be even better! Love white guitars.

Dusty like. I actually quite like the chestnut by a small margin, but I think I would have to get the black one (as required by law [no, not really]). It's funny, when I see actual seafoam green guitars, they don't appeal to me, yet that's almost the exact colour my two formerly-sapphire-blue-now-sapphire-green guitars are.

I much prefer the regular Vela bridge. I'd like to see it on other models.

I guess I prefer the original bridge on the Vela if for no other reason than that's what it came with. But by the same token, I wouldn't have a problem with the stoptail as I have one on my Paul's and I have absolutely no problem getting perfect intonation with it. It could be looked at as the less moving (adjustable) parts, the better, as in having that many less potential points of failure. Not that I would expect the plate bridge to fail, but I keep going back to the KISS principle.

I'm most likely going to keep mine as is, but if I had one with the stoptail, I would succumb to swapping it for the Mann bridge, in black of course. :wink:

Great looking guitar. The few demos I listened to sound interesting. Can I get rid of my Strat & Tele if I buy a Vela?

Great looking guitar. The few demos I listened to sound interesting. Can I get rid of my Strat & Tele if I buy a Vela?
You can get rid of whatever you want :flute:
But the Vela won't sound like either of those...has it's own thing going on...

Nothing bad about more options, but i like the original bridge. It's part of what makes a Vela a Vela, imo.

I am curious as to why these exist? I have had no stability issues with mine. I love the tone and it's super-comfy. I wonder to what degree it changes the sound. I can see offering a guitar with a stoptail and a trem, or a one-piece and two-piece stoptails (like the SC series) but I am really curious as to why these came about? Someone had to have specifically commissioned a run with regular stoptails. Very interesting...

Interested to hear the difference in tones between this and the tele style bridge. I have a regular Vela and love the twangyness of it. I would suspect a regular stoptail would kill some of that?

I am curious as to why these exist? I have had no stability issues with mine. I love the tone and it's super-comfy. I wonder to what degree it changes the sound. I can see offering a guitar with a stoptail and a trem, or a one-piece and two-piece stoptails (like the SC series) but I am really curious as to why these came about? Someone had to have specifically commissioned a run with regular stoptails. Very interesting...

Call Dave's and ask them!

I might be wrong but it seems like it was the first batch before they go with the bridge we know now... Just like some of the first S2 Singlecuts have a SC250 truss rod cover.

Again, I might be wrong...

Yeah, Bryan Ewald mentioned in that video clip that these were from a preproduction run and exclusively available through Dave's.

Back