Vela with a difference...

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by xjbebop, Sep 28, 2015.

1. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay!

2. IRG

IRG New Member

I think I'd take the original too, something about that Tele like bridge is cool, whereas this one is pretty standard fare stuff, and not even adjustable.

3. ChrisCst22

ChrisCst22 New Member

I'd perfer the stoptail myself, so I would rock something like that. Defintely Antique White, though Jet White would be even better! Love white guitars.

4. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

Dusty like. I actually quite like the chestnut by a small margin, but I think I would have to get the black one (as required by law [no, not really]). It's funny, when I see actual seafoam green guitars, they don't appeal to me, yet that's almost the exact colour my two formerly-sapphire-blue-now-sapphire-green guitars are.

5. Fro

Fro New Member

I much prefer the regular Vela bridge. I'd like to see it on other models.

6. markintime

markintime Wood Grain Devotee

I guess I prefer the original bridge on the Vela if for no other reason than that's what it came with. But by the same token, I wouldn't have a problem with the stoptail as I have one on my Paul's and I have absolutely no problem getting perfect intonation with it. It could be looked at as the less moving (adjustable) parts, the better, as in having that many less potential points of failure. Not that I would expect the plate bridge to fail, but I keep going back to the KISS principle.

I'm most likely going to keep mine as is, but if I had one with the stoptail, I would succumb to swapping it for the Mann bridge, in black of course. :wink:

7. CVS

CVS Not so new member

Great looking guitar. The few demos I listened to sound interesting. Can I get rid of my Strat & Tele if I buy a Vela?

8. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay!

You can get rid of whatever you want :flute:
    But the Vela won't sound like either of those...has it's own thing going on...

9. Therinx

Therinx DDDDDD

Nothing bad about more options, but i like the original bridge. It's part of what makes a Vela a Vela, imo.

10. CantankerousCarl

CantankerousCarl Occasionally Onery Member

I am curious as to why these exist? I have had no stability issues with mine. I love the tone and it's super-comfy. I wonder to what degree it changes the sound. I can see offering a guitar with a stoptail and a trem, or a one-piece and two-piece stoptails (like the SC series) but I am really curious as to why these came about? Someone had to have specifically commissioned a run with regular stoptails. Very interesting...

11. intothevoid

intothevoid New Member

Interested to hear the difference in tones between this and the tele style bridge. I have a regular Vela and love the twangyness of it. I would suspect a regular stoptail would kill some of that?

12. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay!

Call Dave's and ask them!

13. Spidouz

Spidouz New Member

I might be wrong but it seems like it was the first batch before they go with the bridge we know now... Just like some of the first S2 Singlecuts have a SC250 truss rod cover.

Again, I might be wrong...

14. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Yeah, Bryan Ewald mentioned in that video clip that these were from a preproduction run and exclusively available through Dave's.

15. gball

gball New Member

I like it. If I was in the market for a Vela and I had the option I would go with this.