Vela vs Core Playability

Ooberific

I'm thinking about getting a vela but there's no where around me that sells them. I know of course the cores play perfectly but I'm wondering how the vela compares to them if they're as good or not.

Mine plays just like my core. Only difference is the amount of layback on the neck.

The Cores are carved top and have a bit more neck angle (like a Les Paul). The Vela is a flat top and has less neck angle (not as straight as a Fender, but not as laid back as a Les Paul).

There is also a significant difference in feel between the Vela Satin Limiteds and the regular production Velas... I prefer the former, they are soft to the touch (and do mark a little easier as a result, but it's silky to play...)

All of my PRSi play exceptionally well.

My RL SH Vela plays just as well as any core model I have. Yeah, they guitars might feel different, but that is because they are different guitars: single cuts vs CU24 style vs Santana vs Vela, etc. But all high-quality feel.

There is also a significant difference in feel between the Vela Satin Limiteds and the regular production Velas... I prefer the former, they are soft to the touch (and do mark a little easier as a result, but it's silky to play...)

Agree with this. My satin standard 24 feels much smoother to play than my higher specced core.

Back