Vela Semi-Hollow - What's under the Pickguard?

ShawnF1222

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anyone have pics of the pick up routs under the pickguard? I've been searching the internet to no avail. Curious if there is room for a 9v battery? Any know or have a photo? It's a lot easier to find info on Fender body routs. :) Thank you.

Don't open that up! It is where all the unicorn farts and fairy dust is stored!

:eek:

:D

Pretty sure there are photos around here somewhere.

Here ya go, direct from PRS itself (left photo is what you want):

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/ptc_guitar_overhaul_vernon_reids_s2_vela

Routing.jpg

So not really enough room for a 9VDC battery, I don't think.

I'm a little confused... (not unusual) in the pictures above the one on the left looks like a solid Vela with standard Tele like bridge, and the two on the right look like tremolo bar (is that the right description?) options...am I going bonkers..

I'm a little confused... (not unusual) in the pictures above the one on the left looks like a solid Vela with standard Tele like bridge, and the two on the right look like tremolo bar (is that the right description?) options...am I going bonkers..
Well, do note the link is to the PRS PTC article about overhauling Vernon Reid's Vela, which the production version comes with a Floyd Rose...

That's why I said look at the left-hand photo.

@xjbebop 's photo is the most useful, though.

Here's a pic of my 'reclaimed' Vela
F9bczZI.jpg

I suspect the regular production semi-hollows are built the same.

I cannot believe you posted that picture !! I have been lusting after a reclaimed Vela for ages... and you remind me with this awesome beast !!:):):)

Here's a pic of my 'reclaimed' Vela
F9bczZI.jpg

I suspect the regular production semi-hollows are built the same.

That's a beautiful instrument. Thank you for sharing that. It's great to be able to see the body rout.

Back