Vela re-wire, toggle and kill switches...job done

Fram

Vela Love
Hi all,

Just thought I would share a couple of pics of my Vela that I have been tinkering with.

She has a vintage firebird in the neck and under wound Paf in the bridge both hand made here in the UK.

This weekend I did a full rewire with CTS true vintage taper pots ( because Iike them) and switchcraft right angle toggle and added a cocked wah on a mini toggle and a blower switch (thanks Garret for the diagram ) and just because I was under the hood, I fitted a kill switch button just for the hell of it

Last edited:
Grrr.....I have now been trying for an hour to get my bloody photos to show up, tried img which worked before but won’t now and now google pics and still it won’t work, I give up

ppnL8CX7

Thank you Stephen J.

The original neck pick up sounded awesome, but the Firebird gives a very similar sound when dialled in, but without the noise.

No sound clips I am afraid, will have to get round to it.....

cheers

Thank you Stephen J.

The original neck pick up sounded awesome, but the Firebird gives a very similar sound when dialled in, but without the noise.

No sound clips I am afraid, will have to get round to it.....

cheers

My friend and I are working on my guitar putting in pickups from a 2000's Firebird. Not a PRS though. I am excited to hear how those Firebirds sound!

Last edited:
Well my neck pickup is modelled on a true vintage, made just like the old ones, and its very clear and bright, it really does sound a lot like the original Vela neck pick up... just more, if you know what I mean.

Back