Vela Petition ;)

Luca Cossu

HHello everyone,i`m the happy owner of prs SE 245, i owned that guitar for 3 years and it`s my favorite guitar so far, so, i decided that it was time to upgrade and i was planning to get a custom 24, that was before the S2 Vela came out and i literally fell in love with the shape of that guitar, i think it`s absolutely gorgeous! BUT :
why there isn`t a 24 fret with tremolo option??!?!?!?!
i`m sure i`m not the only one who would like a vela with 24 frets and a trem.
So i think we should start a petition and send our beloved Mr. Paul reed Smith and ask him to make this dream come true, because i really love that guitar!:)

Don`t you agree??
i`m the happy owner of prs SE 245, i owned that guitar for 3 years and it`s my favorite guitar so far, so, i decided that it was time to upgrade and i was planning to get a custom 24, that was before the S2 Vela came out and i literally fell in love with the shape of that guitar, i think it`s absolutely gorgeous! BUT :
So i think we should start a petition and send our beloved Mr. Paul reed Smith and ask him to make this dream come true, because i really love that guitar!
smile.gif

Don`t you agree??

Personally, I think the current/original configuration is appropriate for that model. Only thing different I want to see is the SATIN FINISH option.... :)

Personally, I think the current/original configuration is appropriate for that model. Only thing different I want to see is the SATIN FINISH option.... :)

I tend to agree on both points. I don't see the Vela as a trem-equipped guitar, just feels too far from its ethos. And I would love to see the satin finish on those!

+1 for satin finished Vela.

If would be nice to see an offset-bodied 24-fretter with a trem - but it wouldn't be a Vela. Maybe a Hella?

Unless I'm vastly underestimating the process, I don't think it would be that difficult for PRS to make some satin finish Velas. I mean, it's an all mahogany guitar, right? Just like the other satin offerings. I would look into the possibility of one the dealers on the forum talking to PRS about a special run of satin Velas. Crazier things have happened.

A lot goes into the design of these guitars, the Vela specifically was under the magnifying glass for like 7 or 8 years before it was released. That being said, something to a player like "add 2 frets" may sound like a small task, but to a builder with a very meticulous sense of tone it just might not sound right with the 2 extra frets.. Same reason some pickups aren't offered uncovered - the tone is affected enough for them to not offer them.

Satin, absolutely! 'Cause, really, just how hard could that be? But trem and 24 frets... nah, don't think so.

Hey, the OP could always try to have it made PS.... he did say he wanted to upgrade, right?

HHello everyone,i`m the happy owner of prs SE 245, i owned that guitar for 3 years and it`s my favorite guitar so far, so, i decided that it was time to upgrade and i was planning to get a custom 24, that was before the S2 Vela came out and i literally fell in love with the shape of that guitar, i think it`s absolutely gorgeous! BUT :
So i think we should start a petition and send our beloved Mr. Paul reed Smith and ask him to make this dream come true, because i really love that guitar!:)

Don`t you agree??
i`m the happy owner of prs SE 245, i owned that guitar for 3 years and it`s my favorite guitar so far, so, i decided that it was time to upgrade and i was planning to get a custom 24, that was before the S2 Vela came out and i literally fell in love with the shape of that guitar, i think it`s absolutely gorgeous! BUT :
So i think we should start a petition and send our beloved Mr. Paul reed Smith and ask him to make this dream come true, because i really love that guitar!
smile.gif

Don`t you agree??

Vernon Reid seems to agree.

Why don't all guitars come with a 12 string option? :rolleyes:

Look, as long as PRS himself doesn't get into the coding business, I won't get into the luthiering business.

A lot of you probably know by now, but there are actually a few satin Velas out there. There was a post in the Dealers section of the forum a while ago when The Guitar Store (in Seattle, WA) got ahold of of a few prototypes.

Their post still shows two left (and I'm tempted to contact them even though the Vela isn't the first model on my list), but it's possible they sold 'em and just didn't update the post.

If any of you guys want a Satin Vela with bird inlays or dots in Vintage Cherry color, see if they've still got one or if we have to wait until one comes up used or someone gets a special run done!

Satin Vela with birds and trem please.
Trem should come with rigsby option.

I don't understand why Paul is insisting on gloss finish while some of the greatest Gibson and Fender guitars come with satin finish and satin neck.
Paul should make more satin guitars... It's hard to believe a company like PRS had only a few satin guitar models through their whole history.

They are making more satin stuff recently, so if people buy them I'm sure they'll make more.

They are making more satin stuff recently, so if people buy them I'm sure they'll make more.

From what I've seen, Satin S2 Standard guitars on Sweetwater.com sell very well. I think they sold more than 30 of them already.
They should do S2 Satin Custom 24, Vela, Starla, Mira, Singlecut, Angelus, Cody Kilby, Tonare Grand..... and perhaps Tremonti, Clint Lowery, Orianthi.

I want to see all old discontinued SE signature models coming back in S2 Satin form.

They had less than six satin guitar models so far.
This is hard to believe considering other companies like Gibson and Fender have been busy offering satin guitars since their launch.

IMG_0042.jpg

16514_Gibson_lpj_satin_cherry_128521465_1.jpg

We started to get some of these during the last year.
Satin finish is beneficial to many of us.
Some people prefer satin guitars... and satin finish is cheaper than V12 finish which is one of the main factors of PRS guitars' premium price tag.
You get the finish you want and pay much less!

Fender-Standard-Telecaster-in-Arizona-Satin-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they could make all of them, but hopefully they'll make some. :)

I wish they could make all of them, but hopefully they'll make some. :)

S2 Satin guitars are sold out again on sweetwater.com.
It's apparent that many people wanted cheaper USA made satin PRS guitars.
I'm sure they will make more satin guitars.... It's first time for us to see a decent USA made guitar for under xxx USD.
Satin S2 standard is only xxx and it sounds the same as more expensive USA made PRS guitars.

Back