Vela Clip

aristotle

Just noodling around on the Vela through the Archon. Except for the last part, I'm on the clean channel, through an Exotic BB, TC Flashback and a Boss Chorus up front at various points. The last part is straight into the lead channel. Mainly just going through all of the pickup selection options.

One thing interesting. I usually use my Archon at my warehouse, but have it home at the moment. I experienced the loop noise that people have complained about. It wouldn't have been an issue live, but would have been hell recording with it. I have no clue as to what's different at home.

Anyway, the Vela covers lots of ground in its own unique way....

VelaArch2_zpsixxypyse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the clips!!

The Trifecta:

Great sounding guitar, great sounding amp, great playing. :top::top:

Clearly I need one of these guitars. Super cool flavor.

Great stuff, ari! The sounds in the beginning definitely conjured up images of a Gretsch of some sort in my mind, so much so that I fully expected to see one. Very nice tones and seemingly quite versatile.

Great……something else I've gotta have. ; - /

I agree, it sounds just as I imagined it would. I'm still not decided on which color I like best. Either sunburst or sienna. Birds or dots???

Next question, who the heck is thinking this stuff up at PRS? Did someone get a hold of some Knaggs DNA and clone the guy? Has Paul switched places with an alternate reality Paul Reed Smith who went retro instead of modern? And what's next in the S2 lineup?

And the question after that is how do I convince my wife that I really, really need a Vela and a Starla?

Wow, thanks guys. I originally hesitated to post this since all of the clips that I've heard around here recently are pro-level (or better). But, I figured that it can't hurt to put up a regular-guy-hack demo every now and again since it sort of shows what you can get out of these things in the hands of a mere mortal.

I think it also shows how totally superb the clean channel is on the Archon. The lead channel is to me as well, but that's more of a matter of taste. Hard to imagine that anybody wouldn't be won over by the clean channel though.

Sounds awesome, and great playing! Thanks for sharing! Hoping to post a clip of my S2 Standard 22 at some point soon too...it's quickly become my # 1.

Back