Vela case

David Oxford

Hey all! I read some of the previous threads on this subject and was curious if we had reached any real consensus on this issue: Is there an agreed upon best case for the vela that has a snug fit? i know the prs multi fit doesnt work as ive tried it. Any thoughts?

Hey all! I read some of the previous threads on this subject and was curious if we had reached any real consensus on this issue: Is there an agreed upon best case for the vela that has a snug fit? i know the prs multi fit doesnt work as ive tried it. Any thoughts?

Hi David,
I've been searching the net for the last couple of days on this topic. The most definitive information (seems to me anyway) is 2 reviews on Sweetwater for the SKB 1SKB-62 Jaguar/Jazzmaster. Two reviewers report that it fits their Vela S2 "perfectly" - that may be a little exaggerated, but it seems like a reasonable candidate. I have a query in to Sweetwater to see if they will confirm that this is a good fit. I will update if/when I get a reply from them.

This case has held up pretty well for me with the weekly trips to band practice and the average 2-4 monthly gigs (we used to have). The Vela body fits perfectly in the case body cavity and the guitar doesn't move at all. Probably not the most durable road case, but for me, does the trick. Also, sometimes this case comes up on sale on MF for $49-59.00. Bodie

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-mgmeg-molded-abs-electric-guitar-case

IMG-1445.jpg

IMG-1447.jpg

IMG-1446.jpg

IMG-1448.jpg

This case has held up pretty well for me with the weekly trips to band practice and the average 2-4 monthly gigs (we used to have). The Vela body fits perfectly in the case body cavity and the guitar doesn't move at all. Probably not the most durable road case, but for me, does the trick. Also, sometimes this case comes up on sale on MF for $49-59.00. Bodie

Cool - thanks for sharing this and for providing pics that prove it fits!!!!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-mgmeg-molded-abs-electric-guitar-case

IMG-1445.jpg

IMG-1447.jpg

IMG-1446.jpg

IMG-1448.jpg

I heard back from Sweetwater. They tell me that if a customer review says the guitar fits, it is likely to fit. That also gave me a recommendation for a case that they say will fit. I cannot post a link yet, being still new to the forums, but it is the Gator GTSA-GTELEC. I am still leaning toward the SKB case, but it would be great to see a photo with a Vela fitting in it before I pull the trigger!

Forgot to add (and I feel like an idiot for missing this!) ... if you go to the Sweetwater listing for a PRS S2 Vela, the bottom of the page points to a number of cases that are "certified fit" (that guitar gallery techs have checked for suitability of fit -- not too tight, not too loose).

I received the Gator GTSA-GTELEC case from Sweetwater yesterday - thanks to Aaron there for excellent customer service! My S2 Vela arrived today, and it fits just fine. Beautiful guitar, and I am very happy with the fit in the case.

I received the Gator GTSA-GTELEC case from Sweetwater yesterday - thanks to Aaron there for excellent customer service! My S2 Vela arrived today, and it fits just fine. Beautiful guitar, and I am very happy with the fit in the case.
Nice!

Back