Vela case

smigarc

The Vela I just got came with a gig bag, which is nice but I'd like something a bit sturdier. Anyone have any cases they would recommend? Generic GC RoadRunner doesn't seem to do this guitar justice.

I picked up a new Vela (McCarty tobacco burst) last week, my first PRS, and after careful measuring, bought the Gator ATA-TSA electric guitar case, model GTSA-GTRELEC (can’t post a link yet because I’m new), $150 at Guitar Center and most other retailers. It is pretty snug width-wise at the lower bout, but not too snug; I think it will work just fine.

Love the guitar, it’s all I’ve been playing the last week! That type-D single coil is fabulous, as is the Starla humbucker, setup was perfect, neck, frets, body all impeccable. Sweet guitar!

I picked up a new Vela (McCarty tobacco burst) last week, my first PRS, and after careful measuring, bought the Gator ATA-TSA electric guitar case, model GTSA-GTRELEC (can’t post a link yet because I’m new), $150 at Guitar Center and most other retailers. It is pretty snug width-wise at the lower bout, but not too snug; I think it will work just fine.

Love the guitar, it’s all I’ve been playing the last week! That type-D single coil is fabulous, as is the Starla humbucker, setup was perfect, neck, frets, body all impeccable. Sweet guitar!

Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the first! What's next? :p

That looks like a very decent case. I got one of these - https://gatorcases.com/products/gui...-style-wide-body-electric-case-gwe-elec-wide/ to ensure that my Vela would fit. It is not a snug fit and there is a little room on the sides of the body. It is a very light case which is great for carrying, but not nearly as sturdy as a PRS case.

If yours is as robust as the SKB 56 case I use for my S2 Singlecut, then these could become my de-facto choice for any future S2s.

That looks like a very decent case. I got one of these - https://gatorcases.com/products/gui...-style-wide-body-electric-case-gwe-elec-wide/ to ensure that my Vela would fit. It is not a snug fit and there is a little room on the sides of the body. It is a very light case which is great for carrying, but not nearly as sturdy as a PRS case.

If yours is as robust as the SKB 56 case I use for my S2 Singlecut, then these could become my de-facto choice for any future S2s.

Looks like a good case. I went with the one I did partly because it’s the generic version of the hardshell case that came with my Fender American Deluxe Strat, which I’ve had for about five years now and has been a very good case (and a great guitar as well ;)). Also, they had it in stock at Guitar Center and I had a coupon :cool:

Congrats on the first! What's next? :p

Heh...I try to space out my guitar purchases, so ask me again in three years or so ;)

Seriously, I need to improve the amplification side of the equation next; maybe a DRRI plus a Klone...

Back