Vault Trip PS #7154

enfilade

Well yesterday I made the trip to the Private Stock Vault and what an awesome day that was. I flew here all the way from Australia and the guys could not have made me feel any more welcome. Paul and Tina were really great and such nice people. They were very informative and answered about ten thousand of my questions lol. I even got to meet the man himself which was very very cool. Such a nice guy and again very welcoming. It was so surreal being in the vault. I've seen all the YouTube vids and pictures but being in there myself was something else. I was there with my partner and it was a very relaxed feel and never rushed. My mate DFD was a huge help in all this too, I can't recommend him enough. Absolute champion of a bloke.

Now to the build. I'm a big fan of Incubus and "Morning View" is one of my favorite albums of all time. The tone Mike Einziger had back then with the Archtop is something I have always loved so this build is inspired by that. I had a pretty clear idea on what I wanted going in, but it would be no surprise to any of you that it's easy to be side tracked once you are surround by all of that excellent wood. Still nothing really changed from what I had spec'd out.
So I from now until next year I will be checking PSF for an
Archtop II
Spruce top
Quilt maple back (matching my last PS color subzero light glow)
Mahogany middle
Ziricote neck
African Blackwood fretboard and headstock Veneer.
Black lip MOP birds
53/10 pickups.

The idea is for it to be traditional looking on top but then flip it over and you've got that "wow" moment. Kind of like the most recent PS single cut Archtops.

Anyway here's a pic and now the waiting begins!
b6tuaZK.jpg

Sweet! It's a great thing to experience for sure. My trip was very special as well. That back is bitchin' & it looks like ya got some bear claw figuring on that spruce. Can't wait to see it take shape. Congrats!

Schweet! Yeah, Einziger had a special thing going on back then. Though I sounded very much not like him when I was playing a Hollowbody through a Mesa Maverick...

I saw the pic before reading the post and thought you were getting 3 made!
This one's gonna be killer though, maybe one day I'll see it out and about in Melbourne!

Some of my favorite rock/alternative tones were from that album as well. Had a hard time finding an archtop so I got a HBII instead (no regrets there!). Great specs, glad you went with the spruce top!

I don't think I've ever seen a guitar with that wood combination before, I bet it will sound and look amazing

Funny that I've been listening to Morning View a lot lately. The wood combination looks killer and I'm excited to see it!

Back