Value of a 1993 Custom 22 and where is it on the chain of guitars from PRS?

Rod/

Vibrato & String Bender
I have a chance to buy a wrap tailpiece Custom 22 built 1993. Anyone know what a fair price would be? Great condition. Flamey top. All original. With hard case… is this a good year? (Silly question?)
What pickups did they use for this year?

Last edited:
'93 was the first year of the Custom 22 model. They were based off the original Dragon design (PRS's first 22-fret guitar), but obviously without all the fancy detail work & such. I'm pretty sure those (and also the CE 22, another early 22-fret model) came with Dragon pickups at that time. [But I could be wrong?]

Going Modal has it right. Dragon 1 pickups if they haven't been changed, which are my favorite PRS pickups.

Also, is it marked "10 Top?" Does it have birds?

PM’d. I bought a 1993 custom 22 10 top with dragon 1 pickups earlier this year…

Edit: added a pic of it for fun

0wlYHgS.jpg

Last edited:
PM’d. I bought a 1993 custom 22 10 top with dragon 1 pickups earlier this year…

Edit: added a pic of it for fun

0wlYHgS.jpg
Thank you all for all the valuable information! OMG…I couldn’t resist. Picked it up the 93 Custom 22 this morning from a great local music store here in Portsmouth NH. Gary’s Guitars…good fair price
My guitar looks just like this except it has the 5 way rotary switch. Yes it has MOP birds, 10 top. Original pickups. Original wrap bridge is buzzing.. gonna change it. From the looks of @bluenova ’s , the newer bridge will fit ok?

Last edited:
Newer bridges will fit, but that one is a mannmade bridge, which also fits... ;);)
Small headstock logo as well?

Thank you all for all the valuable information! OMG…I couldn’t resist. Picked it up the 93 Custom 22 this morning from a great local music store here in Portsmouth NH. Gary’s Guitars…good fair price
My guitar looks just like this except it has the 5 way rotary switch. Yes it has MOP birds, 10 top. Original pickups. Original wrap bridge is buzzing.. gonna change it. From the looks of @bluenova ’s , the newer bridge will fit ok?
Hell yeah! Nice grab

If I remember correctly mine came with a five way rotary knob but I had it switched out for a three way toggle. believe it or not I had Ed Roman do it and had to pick it up at his house……he was an unusual guy…..
Ed Roman.. Wow. He was a trip…. Bigger than life! RIP Ed

Good eye. Mann 2300 and the old school small signature on the headstock. Those pickups practically play themselves too.
The pickups and guitar sounds incredible through my Amp1…What a great neck…. so glad I went for it. Originally wanted another DGT but just couldn’t justify the funds and I like the wrap bridge. Reminds me a lot of my old Goldtop McCartyi used to own, but with a beefier neck………

Back