Valentine's Gift....

So nice that you have a very special lady in your life who understands your passion and makes sure you are well nourished!;)

Great surprise indeed, congrats! Glad you are out of the hospital!

I dig the Honey color more, less of a fluorescent yellow color in the photos, a bit of a warmer tint. Also prefer natural stain backs to red stained backs.

Thanks! Yeah, I am REALLY digging the Honey over FVY - much more organic.

That’s great, all around!

Be well!

Thanks, man!!

Stunning guitar(s), and great story! Congrats

I like the new one best. :cool:

Me too. I had to set it up (just personal tweaks), but once I did there was a smile that didn't leave my face. I played it for 2 straight hours trough the Hot Cat 30. What a combo.....

Nice, traded up with the new one

I agree. The "old" one was a 2015 also. This one just feels better.

That's a very cool thing your wife did! Congrats! I'm with you on the Honey, too. I have a Ted in Honey, and really dig the color.

She never ceases to amaze me. I was speechless. She never asked me about it, never dropped any hints. I don't even know where it came from, but it's perfect - not just as a "replacement" or as a guitar, but the guitar itself is without a single blemish. She really knocked it out of the park. And, yeah....Honey is what I thought FVY would be. I liked the yellow - it's one of my favorite guitar colors - but having "faded" in the name I was expecting a more subdued color. Nope - the FVY on my old PG was VIVID. Honey is much more subdued and classic.

Nice man. I’ve always liked a honey finish too. Great surprise, lucky you.

Thanks!

Beautiful guitar.

The original PRS honey was created from a picture of a Hamer I sent in to have duplicated for a PS. I still have the original PRS “honey,” but sold the Hamer.

Dude, that's AWESOME! Gotta a pic of the Hamer and/or your original Honey??

She brought you McDonald's in the hospital??? Dude, way to bury the lede!!!

Great looking guitar - and even better on the wife! Congrats! You may be the one guy on here who doesn't need his head examined.

HAHAHAHA, yeah. I needed a grease fix. That night the hospital served cheese lasagna expertly (?!) made with American Cheese. It was GROSS. I called her and she was already in route, so double quarter-pounders with cheese it was!!

I totally lucked out regarding my wife. She's my second. My first wife was with me when I was signed to a label and touring. She fought every bit of it, even though I was gigging and recording in high school (when we first met). It was a constant battle. LONG story skipped over (lol), I met my current wife about 6 years after my divorce. Initially she was not digging that I was a "musician". Her first gig for my band was us opening for Anvil. That's when it hit her that I was serious and she got behind me 110%.

Congrats & hope you are doing well health wise!

Thanks man! I am good. I had 7 seizures between Monday and Tuesday, but when back on my meds I had none....so all good in the neighborhood!

Woah! Killer...congrats on the guitar, but more importantly congrats on choosing an awesome wife as well!

Man, what a great score and great story! Your wife knocked it out of the park!!! What a fantastic instrument.

I agree with the thoughts on honey vs FVY - the honey tint looks more natural for sure. And natural backs are mega cool too.

Yup. Here is the original PRS “honey.” The idea was to add more gold.

It’s a DC245.

I think I have a pic of the Hamer at my office. I will check tomorrow and post it if I do.
Hi 11, What’s the switch scheme on that guitar I’m guessing one mini is sweet switch and the other is a coil tap? Or individual coil taps?

It’s a DC245.

I think I have a pic of the Hamer at my office. I will check tomorrow and post it if I do.

AWESOME!! That guitar is killer. Double sweet switches? That's even more killer!! Thanks for posting that.

It’s a DC245.

Here is the Hamer which was used as the model to match the color of my guitar, and hence PRS "honey" was born.

Damn fine job PRS!

Here is the Hamer which was used as the model to match the color of my guitar, and hence PRS "honey" was born.

Damn fine job PRS!

Gorgeous quilt!

Is that where Bernie got the idea for his knob layout?!;):rolleyes:

Hmm, all I got from the wife was a card. And it wasn't even a new one, she'd raided my keepsake box and just put this year's date on an old card. I obviously need to do more training!

Back