Valentine's Gift....

markd21

Let me start by saying my wife is awesome. She actually hears "tone" and recognizes when an instrument inspires me. It's cool.

This year I spent Valentine's Day in the hospital - actually it was this whole week. Nothing big or worrisome, I have epilepsy and I had to do an EEG. I was in bed for the whole week with wires attached to my head under 24 hour video surveillance. Our special V-Day dinner date was McDonald's she brought in, lol.

Anyway, I got home today around 1pm, and there was a big box in the foyer. It was addressed to me, but I didn't order anything. Hmmmm, what could it be???? Well, it was obviously a guitar, but was it a good one???

Yes it was!!!!

A while back I needed a new car. In order to beef up my down payment I decided to sell a few of my PRS'. One of them was my Faded Vintage Yellow Paul's Guitar. I was sad, but the shop offered me REALLY good money for it, so it sailed away to a new owner. Over time I missed it, but the PG hangs on to a nice premium. So, I didn't miss it enough to drop the cash on a replacement.

Here's what the box held....

A 2015 Paul's Guitar Trem in Honey!! My wife knows I loved that guitar in yellow and she managed to find one!!! Honey is a cool color - it's yellow, but not yellow. The FVY had a red back. This Honey guitar has a natural back - I dig that way more. Honey seems more like "faded vintage yellow" than Faded Vintage Yellow did!!

Old PG for color reference between FVY....

New PG so you can see Honey - the difference is subtle....

Talk about an AWESOME wife, a killer surprise, and a neat thing to find after a week in a bed!!!

The top on this one if GORGEOUS. I was shocked that it wasn't a 10.

Great surprise indeed, congrats! Glad you are out of the hospital!

I dig the Honey color more, less of a fluorescent yellow color in the photos, a bit of a warmer tint. Also prefer natural stain backs to red stained backs.

Wow, that’s awesome!!!! I really like the newer Honey color...seems a bit warmer than vintage yellow. It’s awesome your wife surprised you with it, too. In fact, we were just talking about that over here...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/gotta-love-her.36529/

Well, not your wife, of course, but having somebody special embrace your passion.

Congrats!!!

Super nice :)
PGs are incredible. Plugged or unplugged their tone is something else..
Congrats and enjoy the gift!

That's a very cool thing your wife did! Congrats! I'm with you on the Honey, too. I have a Ted in Honey, and really dig the color.

She brought you McDonald's in the hospital??? Dude, way to bury the lede!!!

Great looking guitar - and even better on the wife! Congrats! You may be the one guy on here who doesn't need his head examined.

Back