Useful piece of useless knowledge.

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I was buying some used dirt bike gear off a buddy of mine tonight and we got to talking.

The subject turned to a home built trailer that he has. He wants to sell it but one tire is flat.

He tells me that he can't get the lugnuts off that wheel. He tried heat and has been soaking them with penetrating fluid but they just wont budge.

I've got a pretty good idea what's going on. We walk around back to have a look at it. I ask him to grab a flashlight.

When he brings the flashlight, I tell him to look at the end of the studs. Well look at that......there is an L on the end.

I laugh and tell my buddy that this is a Chrysler axle and the lug nuts on this side are marked with an L to indicate Left hand threads. He has been trying to tighten them not take them off!

Chrysler did that for a while in the 60s. Right hand lugs on one side left hand lugs on the other.

Now my life is complete! Well maybe once my gas is cured!!!

I was buying some used dirt bike gear off a buddy of mine tonight and we got to talking.

The subject turned to a home built trailer that he has. He wants to sell it but one tire is flat.

He tells me that he can't get the lugnuts off that wheel. He tried heat and has been soaking them with penetrating fluid but they just wont budge.

I've got a pretty good idea what's going on. We walk around back to have a look at it. I ask him to grab a flashlight.

When he brings the flashlight, I tell him to look at the end of the studs. Well look at that......there is an L on the end.

I laugh and tell my buddy that this is a Chrysler axle and the lug nuts on this side are marked with an L to indicate Left hand threads. He has been trying to tighten them not take them off!

Chrysler did that for a while in the 60s. Right hand lugs on one side left hand lugs on the other.

Now my life is complete! Well maybe once my gas is cured!!!

LOL!

I had a 70s Dart back in the early 80s, and I snapped off three lugs on one wheel before I realized that. Yes, I gave it all I had with that 4-way lug wrench. :oops:

Back