Used SE AND S2 or a CE

Paul’s budget guitars are now 500 to 999 new so still a luxury item.

Srsly, anything over $175 is IMHO a luxury item. A limited income doesn't make it easy to put more costly stuff on credit and pay it off by next month, which prevents me from being in debt with my creditors any more than necessary. A lot of the folks on this forum have higher incomes and can afford higher end stuff. While this is applaudable, it is not the norm for the rest of many 1st to 3rd world people.

Though I'm by no means broke, I'm no millionaire, either. I think a lot of us fall somewhere in between.

Last edited:
I have all levels,, and I believe there’s a quality increase up the ladder. It always has to be the guitar that inspires you the most, and that won’t necessarily be the most expensive. It’s just gotta move you.

Like the title say would you rather have an SE and an S2 standard or a CE ( older or current model)? Or all 3 of the aforementioned guitars or an older core (production model)? Yes this is the age old question of multiple less expensive guitars or one more expensive guitar. In this case the hypothetical question is referring to a single purchase rather than your only guitar but I want to know the why. In my case I’d go with the core route, I reversed this process (sold a core for several less expensive guitars and am still kicking myself years later).
we'll give you a kick also just kidding . every time i sell a guitar I seriously feel bad . but what can a man do.

Do I get to pick the finish and features? :eek:

Probably CE-22, preferably with a fixed bridge and a sweet finish. SE/S2's are no joke, but I know I'd enjoy that CE more, and I'd rather have one instrument I really love, than two I'm less passionate for.

Back