Used PRS CU 24

Beck

Hi everybody,
this is my first post and i start asking for help... sorry! ;)

I'm trading an used PRS CU 24 but the actual owner doesn't have the original specs tag.
Would you buy an used CU24 without this document?
What should i check to be sure this is not a fake PRS?

Thank you so much!
Beck

If the guitar is newer than about 1998 you can find the MODCAT in the cavity of the bridge pup and it will list all the specs. It's a series of numbers and letters. We have a decoder on here somewhere, but if you just post the MODCAT we can decipher most of it by memory.

Just sent a mail with the s/n to PRS to check the specs.
The guy that sells the guitar sent me a copy of the invoice and i also wrote to the shop who sold the guitar to check if everything is ok.
I'll keep you informed.
Thank you for the help

Just sent a mail with the s/n to PRS to check the specs.
The guy that sells the guitar sent me a copy of the invoice and i also wrote to the shop who sold the guitar to check if everything is ok.
I'll keep you informed.
Thank you for the help
It’s probably ok.
I don’t fret about original tags and stuff, just the shape the guitar is in.

It’s probably ok.
I don’t fret about original tags and stuff, just the shape the guitar is in.
Seem like guys ask for that stuff, though. Not sure why. But I agree, condition is more important than the tag. My favorite PRS is a '96 CU 22 that weighs 6.7 lbs. No tags and I don't care...

Seem like guys ask for that stuff, though. Not sure why. But I agree, condition is more important than the tag. My favorite PRS is a '96 CU 22 that weighs 6.7 lbs. No tags and I don't care...

Some people are very particular about having all of the case candy, and I totally understand. Not that it adds a lot of practical value but it’s neat from a collector standpoint, and it provides a little more reassurance as a buyer that what you are looking at is legit and hasn’t been modded, if that’s important to you. Specs can be verified other ways though, as mentioned above. All depends on the buyer.

Back