Used McCarty or new S2 594

A noticeable difference for me from 25.5, would there be much difference in the 25 of the McCarty?
I was a bit skeptical of the 25"scale of a PRS at first, I kind of felt that it was neither a fender 25.5 or a Gibson 24.5 (as that's what Gibson's really are, not 24.75) and therefore was neither one thing or the other. But really, as the years of playing a 25" has gone by I'm really appreciating it as the best of both worlds.

As more and more EXCELLENT S2s become available, definitely makes new S2 vs. used core a more difficult choice.

I'm sure that was a part of the business decision behind the S2 line as well at PRS… to combat the used market.

As much as I love to and continue to support PRS' new offerings, I don't think you could possibly go wrong with a Core at a bargain price.

So.......After much deliberation, decision made. Used Core McCarty incoming

Thanks for all the advice guys.

SIZE]

Last edited:
So.......After much deliberation, decision made. Used Core McCarty incoming

Thanks for all the advice guys.

SIZE]
excellent choice, beautiful, it is such a perfect recipe of wood, and design, it is very receptive to putting whatever PAF floats your boat, I ended up with bare knuckle mule's, it makes me drool every time I pick up the guitar. You will enjoy it regardless of your pickup choice.

Back