USA Tremonti -- Small crack at neck joint?

Edit -- sorry, seems I'm unable to post a link to the pictures of the guitar since I'm a new user.

That looks odd - that isn't the neck joint itself, that is a mm or two from the actual joint. Almost looks like someone was trying to mask off something and a cutting tool scratched along the surface.

Can you feel it as a crack or cut?

I've never seen one like it. The joint seems not to be involved so I would not be concerned about the structural integrity. As for cosmetics, it seems to be a crack or a scratch on 2 axes. Don't know what to think of it. Was it purchased used?

Thanks, yes it is really odd -- I can definitely feel it. It's brand new -- had it shipped here, USA Tremonti in Fire Red Burst. It's strange, the crack is only apparent at the corner where it forms this 90 degree angle, but I can see that the line runs up higher (but is blended in better). Is it possible that that gap was cut a little too wide for the neck, so they added that little sliver in there to make it fit?

Are we talking about the white mark away from the neck, at a right angle? Could it be tape residue from when they tape off the neck?

That's what I had hoped, but it isn't just residue. If I run my finger across it, that little area there where the 90 degree angle forms is actually slightly elevated from the body, so I feel a little bump there

Reviving this thread just to reply and let you all know that we sent the guitar back to PRS and they repaired it. Got it back today and it looks perfect. Incredible instrument. Thanks you all for the help.
Glad you got it sorted and now fully enjoy your Tremonti!

Reviving this thread just to reply and let you all know that we sent the guitar back to PRS and they repaired it. Got it back today and it looks perfect. Incredible instrument. Thanks you all for the help.
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

Back