USA Nut on an SE

I put one on me SE One and also on my Bernie. They both have about a 1mm gap on the side towards the tuners, and are firm up against the fret board. Dark head stock, so I just used a black marker. Can't really tell, unless you're looking for it.

There are 2 different sizes of the USA nuts. I would think the one for a Pattern neck would fit an SE better than one for a Pattern Regular neck.

I bought mine when they were sized for WF/WT and I didn't have a fit issue.

I put one on me SE One and also on my Bernie. They both have about a 1mm gap on the side towards the tuners, and are firm up against the fret board. Dark head stock, so I just used a black marker. Can't really tell, unless you're looking for it.

+1 to Black Sharpie

+2 on the sharpie. That``s what my luthier used. THe graph tech nut fills the space better,but I`ve sold most of the guitars that I put it on. I haven`t loved the sound compared to PRS USA nuts. I`m also going to re-iterate my luthier`s belief that the nut being put on properly is one of the most important elements to good intonation. While I have done most of my own setups for the last 30 years, I will always recommend that you have the nut installed by a good luthier. That`s not necessarily a repair guy at a local music store who does it for side money.

Yeah, there's the gap, but it's a small price to pay for the huge improvement in tone and tuning stability (well, the John Mann stuff helps quite a bit with that as well).

Was gonna go with teh Graph Tech nut, but as has been mentioned, I've also sold just about all of the ones what have them installed (either stock or modded), so I figured going for the core can't hurt (they're roughly the same price).

IMG_20170325_112036868_zpstgozszll.jpg

I mean, unless you're incredibly OCD, but either sharpie or, if you wanted to refinish it will do.

Oh yeah. The string slots are slightly farther apart than the SE nut and the USA nut has manufacturing mold marks on it? Surprised to see that.

Tom
As mentioned, there are multiple neck profile widths at play with PRS guitars. It sounds like you need a Wide Fat / Wide Thin a.k.a. Pattern / Pattern Thin nut. The Regular (a.k.a. Pattern Regular) nut is not as wide. Which nut did you buy, and which neck profile do you have on your SE Korina SC? (Just because most are such-and-such does't mean all were made that way, but it appears it should have a Wide Fat neck.)

Well, the point being that a Wide-Fat/Wide-Thin nut should fit (width-wise). So if you bought a Regular nut by accident, that explains your issue, and you'd just need to buy the correct -width nut.

That doesn't help the gap "behind" the nut, unfortunately.

Back