USA Guitars/PRS Core out of reach?

e9f734f3ee560228b479e87c53a4caac.jpg

Dentists are definitely to blame, not high paid execs. I just saw it in writing... point # 6 is irrefutable proof:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/11-types-of-guitarist

(it's actually an enjoyable read - just make sure you have a sense of humor, and understand the term "tongue in cheek. :))

3. The Pro
Gear: A surprisingly simple pedalboard; a meticulously maintained Mesa Boogie Mark Five; a regularly rotated armory of non-flashy guitars
Technique: Adaptable, clean, studio-perfect
Venue: Everywhere from theaters to stadiums, dressed in black at least 20 yards behind the star

The Pro cares not for your flashy finishes or your gimmicks. They care only for hard practicalities. Will this guitar stand up to 300-plus gigs a year? Can this cab stand the rough hands of a veteran roadie? Guitars are tools to them, amps almost disposable.

The Pro dresses in black, all the better to fade in to the backing band...but nobody knows their name. Just how they like it…

[Except - no stadium shows. I guess if i were a real "pro," I wouldn't have this here? Just your regular jobber....]

3. The Pro
Gear: A surprisingly simple pedalboard; a meticulously maintained Mesa Boogie Mark Five; a regularly rotated armory of non-flashy guitars
Technique: Adaptable, clean, studio-perfect
Venue: Everywhere from theaters to stadiums, dressed in black at least 20 yards behind the star

The Pro cares not for your flashy finishes or your gimmicks. They care only for hard practicalities. Will this guitar stand up to 300-plus gigs a year? Can this cab stand the rough hands of a veteran roadie? Guitars are tools to them, amps almost disposable.

The Pro dresses in black, all the better to fade in to the backing band...but nobody knows their name. Just how they like it…

[Except - no stadium shows. I guess if i were a real "pro," I wouldn't have this here? Just your regular jobber....]

totally thought of you in a tux down in the ‘grease’ pit when i read that 300 gigs/year figure.

totally thought of you in a tux down in the ‘grease’ pit when i read that 300 gigs/year figure.

Thanks! Grease closed last weekend, now I'm in tech for "Big Fish." After that I'm under contract for an awards show, "Fun Home," and then "Sweet Charity," unless....CORONAVIRUS stops all production!

The description fits pretty good: Gear as tools, play whatever style you're told to play in whatever fashion you're told to play it, unnoticeable all black all the time. Get the check (prefer direct deposit)!

Thanks! Grease closed last weekend, now I'm in tech for "Big Fish." After that I'm under contract for an awards show, "Fun Home," and then "Sweet Charity," unless....CORONAVIRUS stops all production!

The description fits pretty good: Gear as tools, play whatever style you're told to play in whatever fashion you're told to play it, unnoticeable all black all the time. Get the check (prefer direct deposit)!

love that — in fact last week my lady asked what a real guitar player looked like and i showed her your web page. hope they keep the theater open!

Here's another one, about guitar shop stereotypes:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/guitar-shop-stereotypes

Guitar shops are basically emergency convenience stores. Everything is cheaper online, but I've literally gone into stores between rehearsals to replace something that's failed. It usually involves me running in, pointing to a piece of gear and saying, "I need one of those. Here's my credit card."

This article left out guys like me. I stopped into Guitar Center last night for a new volume pedal. I was *this* close to getting my ass chewed by a music director in Tuesday night's rehearsal for a volume pedal with a crackly pot. And, I've got the same guy tonight.

That's my sixth volume pedal in the last few years (not counting many, many string changes on the last two EB VP jrs.): Dunlop, MXR, off-brand cheapo, and now, three EB VP jrs. I got $25 bucks off by showing them the Amazon price, but then we had a conversation about the $20 add-on two-year warranty up-sale.

GC DUDE: Would you like the service contract?
ME: How much?
GC DUDE: $19.99?
ME: But the replacement string kit is $4. I break a string, and you send me a new string?
GC DUDE: No. If the string breaks, we send you a new pedal.
ME: Heh heh heh, yes.

I go through almost two VP strings a year. It was basically a BOGO free deal, for twenty bucks. I walked out with a receipt and the pedal. I didn't even bother with the box (it was new in a display case).

love that — in fact last week my lady asked what a real guitar player looked like and i showed her your web page. hope they keep the theater open!

I literally just got a notice from one of the theaters that they WILL remain open for the current run (it's a play, not a musical - I'm not involved), which bodes well for my show at the end of May. Fingers crossed...

...oh...and, you're too kind!

Back