USA Guitars/PRS Core out of reach?

Which part triggers you more, their title or their income?

i-RWCVHPL-L.png

Their arrogance.

I'm probably on the bottom of this PRS forum wealth totem pole,but all my core PRS guitars were all bought in great condition for amazing prices.

The deals on great used Core PRS guitars are out there, but you have to put in the time and effort to hunt them down.

Keep in mind, that when you buy a used PRS guitar, it's usually going to be in great shape, even if it's 10+ years old.

PRS owns take care of their guitars.

Plain and simple.

Manufactures create products that will sell/fit in any given market. Its above my pay grade but I suspect they have a model that fits every price point and the good ones (manufactures) adjust as markets adjust. As in any retail environment its all driven by many factors so the manufactures that can predict trends can hedge there sales/profits accordingly. It all depends on as many others have said what are you willing to sacrifice to obtain that... car/guitar/collage degree etc. Only the entitled get the freebies the rest of us (rich or poor) have to work hard for it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Prices will continue to climb for US PRS guitars as they will for Fender and Gibsons. (and for cars, clothes, food, etc.) cost go up as the price of materials and labour go up. Wages have been going up as well driving labour costs. It might not feel like it, but wages are still going up since the recovery from housing bubble. It also might not feel like it to you (or me) depending on what line of work you are in, but the economy is actually doing quite well (not considering the latest downturn in the stock market as a result of the Corona Virus and Oil prices).

I don't see US PRS guitars ceasing production any time in the future unless all interest in guitar music dies. I don't think they are pricing themselves out of reach and they are still selling quite well despite the prices. Instruments in general are just expensive if you want a really well made one and electric guitars are really no different. (except you are able to buy a pretty decent quality guitar somewhere around the $500 range still) A core model is certainly easier to buy if you are rich and have a ton of disposable income, but there are a huge number being bought by working musicians. They just make such a purchase a priority over other purchases.

Just being honest.
Really? How many "executives making $500K salaries" do you know? I'm assuming the sample size is way too small to make such claims as fact. Saying things like that in a forum like this IS trolling. There's a lot of cool guys here but comments like that are not a great way to get a warm welcome in any forum. And trust me, this is coming form one of the NOT rich guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back