US Mint State guitar picks

I picked up a pick made from a peso in Austin, like Billy Gibbons plays. It’s got a surprisingly soft attack.

I've got several of these previously purchased from eBay some years ago. Much less than the Franklin Mint's cost. IIRC, only $9.99, rather than the price the mint was asking...check out eBay, you should find them there...

Just an aside, in the pictures the seller seems to be talking about picks being a new thing in the 20th Century. Actually, plectrums were used in ancient cultures to play lyres and other guitar precursors. There are also examples in medieval manuscripts of early guitar type instruments being played with picks in the Middle Ages.

So yeah. Not just buttons and coins and other little modern items.

I’ve never understood that myself, but you do see those crank machines at tourist stops that flatten a penny. :confused:

The student union at the UW-Milwaukee had furniture that used drilled pennies for washers, when I went there 40 years ago. It was questioned, and there was some legal reason why they could do it ... but I've long since forgotten that reason.

I’ve never understood that myself, but you do see those crank machines at tourist stops that flatten a penny. :confused:

There’s a rest stop just north of Baltimore on I-95 that has (or had) one of those machines that cranked out Frank Zappa pennies. I did a few and was able to give one to Mike Keneally, who played in Frank’s band.

Back