US Core Strap Buttons

If there’s no room for the strap, try using a felt washer on the end of the strap button on the guitar. Then again, I never take the straps off my keepers.

The problem with the PRS strap buttons is that they can't fit both a strap, even a really thin one, and those rubber or felt washers because the necks of the buttons are so low profile. And if you have one of those auto-lock strap locks, the heads of the buttons are so large, they don't fit through the strap lock opening. You can try widening them like I did, but I noticed it would start pulling the screw out of the guitar because there was no room for the straplock to move at its connection point to the guitar.

If PRS made the neck of the strap buttons twice as large, they'd actually be useful IMO. I switched to the Dunlop strap locks and it was one of the best changes you could do to a PRS besides maybe pickup swaps.

I’m very careful when I mount the strap lock buttons to make sure the screw length, diameter and thread pitch matches the screw that came out of the factory button.

I feel it is necessary to remove a leather strap when putting the guitar away as the tanning chemicals can affect the finish on a guitar. The State of Connecticut won’t allow leather gloves to be discarded into regular trash anymore because the tanning chemicals are a health hazard. As a result, the company I work for has banished leather glove purchases. This doesn’t impact my use of leather straps, shoes, belts, gloves etc, but it does make me limit how long my strap is attached to the guitar to times I am playing. Food for thought.

I like removing the strap for the same reason. It's possible that some tanning chemicals will affect the finish on a nitro guitar. It's probably gonna vary depending on which chemicals are employed for the various leather types.

Last edited:
This post?

Screenshot_20211125-153116_Chromec6aa361539152491.jpg

Looks like these function the same way as the originals, they simply have an edge bevel instead of a couple of flat surfaces (with a ridge). Might make the process of getting the straps on a little smoother.

Small change.

I used tonuse the grolssch rubber myself
Looks like these function the same way as the originals, they simply have an edge bevel instead of a couple of flat surfaces (with a ridge). Might make the process of getting the straps on a little smoother.

Small change.

Paul constantly tweaking... I agree they look like they'll function essentially the same and no need for me to go back to grolsch rubber. Maybe I should pick up a sixer while I'm out just in case.

I used tonuse the grolssch rubber myself

Paul constantly tweaking... I agree they look like they'll function essentially the same and no need for me to go back to grolsch rubber. Maybe I should pick up a sixer while I'm out just in case.
I think I have consumed more Grolsch than any other beer brand in my life! LOVE IT!! And the resealable bottles have been my mainstay for decades!!! Hard for me to even buy the big G when it is in 12 oz bottles as the experience is just not the same!!!!

Long and short is, please get a few flip tops for me if you are going to the store Mr. SinSir (you can have the rubbers)!!!!

Weighing in late, me likee the PRS strap buttons, they are super secure.

Frankly I had more guitars come off the straps with lockers than non, prob bad procedure but I've never had a strap come off the PRS. I wish they would put the USA posts on the SE at factory.

Oh, now I’ve got pre-CBS Fender amps, pre-Gibson Boogies, and pre-Bevel Buttons. I’m a pre snob, apparently.

I’m also the non-conformist user of Dunlop Dual-Design StrapLok system strap devices. What can I say… child of the 60s.

Back