UPS estimated delivery time

Oh, I've been around a long time. I have MUCH to feel guilty about, so maybe I'm making up for all the errors of my youth.

"Dude, you're still making the errors of your youth, because you're you, which is to say, a little off the beaten path."

"Maybe that's what keeps me thinking young?"

"You no longer think young. You just think the way you think is young. It's called dementia."

"So this is dementia? It's not so bad. Don't Bogart that joint."

"There's no joint."

"Don't tell me that. I'm having a good time."

I like where your head's at...Wherever that may be.:D:D:D:D:D

This is me every time I get a UPS "track your driver" notice. I get the emails at like 08:00 but my driver's route never has him to my house before 13:00-14:00. Just torture.

That said, overall shipping delays are here to stay for the foreseeable future. I work in transportation and capacity is only getting tighter, both domestically and internationally. Thank this (and COVID of course) for the crazy lead times you're seeing on custom orders as well. You can't build stuff if you're waiting on parts. I'm now going to two months of waiting for my new washer and dryer. I was on Mojotone's site looking at pickups the other day and they build everything to order. The lead time used to 7-10 days for their pickups, but now it's 12-15 weeks.

In my world, I think the following:

"Don't sweat the small stuff. You've got more important things to do than worry about a slightly delayed UPS delivery."

wait, you guys don't follow the truck or walk over to the driver to make sure they're stopping at your place next? Interesting
Funny story. I was waiting for UPS to deliver an amp. I live about 1/4 mile from a shopping mall. The mall is always his first stop, then the businesses that are on the circle drive around the mall. Then it's the industrial park just north of me. When he's done with that he drives to the far end of residential route and works his way back towards the mall. Meaning, my neighborhood is last on his route.

Ok, so much for the set up. I got one of those "track your delivery in real time" notifications. When I saw him finish the mall, and head to the big office building on the mall loop, I drove the 1/4 mile there and parked behind his truck and waited for him to come out. I got my amp early that day!

I just went through this with FedEx. My 2 day shipping turned into 5. And the signature required box? Um, yeah, the driver didn't bother, filled it out himself and left my bass on the front porch. Lovely.

So I got a letter today that said, "You're invited to attend Kissimee Florida's vacation spot capitol." I thought they meant I needed to write to the state house of Florida to be invited to say hi to the governor. Oops.

I also got an email in my inbox from APC that spoke about upgrading to a better UPS battery. I thought, "Do I really need a better UPS power supply?" I then realized it was my UPS supply battery that's been working since 2019. I thought, no, the battery is warranted for 5 years, and still holds a charge, no need yet.

Wait!
You mean when you get that "Follow your delivery live on the map" you guys don't get in your car, track down the truck location and follow your delivery? :p

No, can't say that I have. I'm not that OCD about when a carton or envelope arrives. I let the mail system do what it does. So far, rain, snow, sleet, or dark of night have never stopped Mr. Woodley from reaching my house, and I never run out of the house into Mr. Woodley, even if my car group is waiting. :cool:

No, can't say that I have. I'm not that OCD about when a carton or envelope arrives. I let the mail system do what it does. So far, rain, snow, sleet, or dark of night have never stopped Mr. Woodley from reaching my house, and I never run out of the house into Mr. Woodley, even if my car group is waiting. :cool:

Happy for you. :rolleyes:

Its Mr. McFeely in my hood...

FedEx threw me a curveball, and moved my delivery from tomorrow to today. I had set up my sched to be WFH tomorrow, dang it!

It is worrying to have this wood being held together by glue sit in the sun, no pirates in my hood though so that may be ok.
NGD eminent!

Back