UPS estimated delivery time

Just so your OCD doesn't go unacknowledged, what was it you had ordered? if it's something trivial, it's OK. But if it's music-related, let's hear it!

Silver Stripe Peavey Bandit. It looked good, but playing for 5-10 minutes the sound would cut out, so it was returned to Guitar Center an hour after I received it. I live close enough that I was able to get there right before they closed. So, disappointing day.

Same thing happened with my new Silver Sky, truck was all around me twice and delivery was 3 hours later. I was frantic they would give up without delivery. I wonder if the tracker is fake.

The tracker certainly isn't accurate, in terms of timing. And, to elaborate, my issue isn't with the driver, the drivers are out there working their butts off and they generally do a good job. I just wish they'd either not provide an estimate window/tracker at all, or provide one that's reasonably occasionally, accurate. I'm also really curious about how they route the deliveries since he was within 1/4 mile of me so many times, it just seems inefficient.

Silver Stripe Peavey Bandit. It looked good, but playing for 5-10 minutes the sound would cut out, so it was returned to Guitar Center an hour after I received it. I live close enough that I was able to get there right before they closed. So, disappointing day.

Boooo!!!! Sorry dude....

There was a red stripe at a pawn shop in Birmingham for cheap. I thought about buying it, but it had clearly seen better days cosmetically, but worked great. I was on the fence, as it was a bit over priced for it's condition, but I wanted it. I finally decided to go back and get it while I was visiting my mom a week or so later...it was gone.:mad: DOH!!

I try to live my life with no regerts...no wait...

Better luck next time bro.

It’s definitely the window of non delivery here. I completely ignore those UPS emails now.

Good thing is they have a much better track record of delivering packages without damage.

Fedex is horrible. In fact they managed to damage a shipment of metal sway bars that arrived yesterday.

It's strange how that can vary by neighborhood - I have much better experiences with FedEx than I do with UPS.
I’ve also heard (and believe) a lot of FedEx horror stories from other areas. In southeast Texas, FedEx is pretty reliable and on a more regular delivery schedule than UPS, with less beat up packages on arrival. It is funny how that can be so different in other regions of the country!

I’ve also heard (and believe) a lot of FedEx horror stories from other areas. In southeast Texas, FedEx is pretty reliable and on a more regular delivery schedule than UPS, with less beat up packages on arrival. It is funny how that can be so different in other regions of the country!

Ditto. In Northwest Alabama, it's the same. I've had a LOT of boxes from UPS that make you wonder if they are using your package(s) as props in some sort of action flick with lots of explosions. While fedex boxes usually show up when they're supposed to and are generally unharmed. It's one of the great mysteries in life at this point.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. D'ya have a chance to listen to anything in GC while you were there? Sometimes something in their used section pops up unannounced that piques my interest. Stuff that doesn't display on the used gear main GC website immediately. Perhaps you'll experience something likewise...:)

I ordered some strings and other assorted guitar goodies from Amazon last Thursday...still waiting to be picked up by UPS in Missouri? To add Insult to injury...my Amazon Prime contract stated all my purchases would include free shipping AND 2 day guaranteed delivery. Yeah right!! DAMN YOU BEZOS!!!!!:mad:
Now how are you going to feel if he falls out the window during his next spacecraft adventure?

Certainly not guilty.

Now how are you going to feel if he falls out the window during his next spacecraft adventure?

Certainly not guilty.

Yeah he's got enough money to have a clone waiting on standby to keep raking in all that dough, ya know in case something goes horribly wrong.

Yeah, no chance in that happening with a homemade rocket. Nope none at all.:confused:

Today I got two packages from UPS Corporate Overgoods. I did not order anything. Overgoods is UPS' stopover for lost or missing items, I guess.

The two packages were Chefman immersion blenders. So they were sent to me, Schefman, because someone obviously screwed up. Of course I called UPS to let them know (I do not keep stuff that isn't mine), and they had someone pick them up.

He was nonplused. I explained that if he looked at the name of the addressee, Chefman, he would see that it's not the same as the contact person or my address. He said I probably could have kept them, but that isn't my M.O. I told him I was glad that they were getting to the rightful owner, and he thanked me for my honesty.

Considering that my wife thinks that all of my guitars cost less than they actually did, I'm guessing that regardless of this honesty episode, an eternity in musician/husband hell is in my future, but really, it felt good to have UPS pick up the goods. ;)

Today I got two packages from UPS Corporate Overgoods. I did not order anything. Overgoods is UPS' stopover for lost or missing items, I guess.

The two packages were Chefman immersion blenders. So they were sent to me, Schefman, because someone obviously screwed up. Of course I called UPS to let them know (I do not keep stuff that isn't mine), and they had someone pick them up.

He was nonplused. I explained that if he looked at the name of the addressee, Chefman, he would see that it's not the same as the contact person or my address. He said I probably could have kept them, but that isn't my M.O. I told him I was glad that they were getting to the rightful owner, and he thanked me for my honesty.

Considering that my wife thinks that all of my guitars cost less than they actually did, I'm guessing that regardless of this honesty episode ,an eternity in musician/husband hell is in my future, but really, it felt good to have UPS pick up the goods. ;)

Now THAT'S how it's done. Good on you my man!!

Considering that my wife thinks that all of my guitars cost less than they actually did, I'm guessing that regardless of this honesty episode ,an eternity in musician/husband hell is in my future, but really, it felt good to have UPS pick up the goods. ;)
I don't have room for other peoples stuff! Well, if a new PRS were sent here by mistake, maybe, but I would play in guilt until it was reclaimed!!!

Now THAT'S how it's done. Good on you my man!!

Oh, I've been around a long time. I have MUCH to feel guilty about, so maybe I'm making up for all the errors of my youth.

"Dude, you're still making the errors of your youth, because you're you, which is to say, a little off the beaten path."

"Maybe that's what keeps me thinking young?"

"You no longer think young. You just think the way you think is young. It's called dementia."

"So this is dementia? It's not so bad. Don't Bogart that joint."

"There's no joint."

"Don't tell me that. I'm having a good time."

Back