Upgrading an SE

sadmoodyfrazier

Ok... Now that I've seen what on my SE should be upgraded i was surfing on the net just to see but there are a massive amount of Tele, Les Paul and Strat parts and nothing for PRS. I mean... the bridge seems made from recycled cans. What should I put on this guitar for upgrading it? Which machine heads? You know... Are the measures the same than an USA Custom 24? Or PRS is like Fender and Epiphone that the bridges are a little smaller just to be a little different from the american ones?

is it a bass guitar? try a leo quan badass bridge if you aren’t thinking about a bass trem mod (i know i am).

This ^^^^
I'm pretty sure that mann things are almost perfect but price is prohibitive. I mean... mine is a 900 euros guitar. Seems a little off to me to spend 250 euros on just bridge. On my PRS a good choice should be something like a Gotoh bridge which is relatively cheap and good made. Something between 70 and 90 euros.

I’ve used neither, but Vegatrem and Wudtone have replacement bridge options. Prepare to spend as much as for the Mannmade though...

Easiest mod is to swap over the tuners to PRS SE Locking Tuners which are easily available and a straight swap.

Another good option would be TonePros bridges although mine has a wraparound bridge and will be putting locking bridge posts on mine - just remember all SE guitars use metric and not imperial threads etc.

i think Thomann carry both ?

IDK if they fit PRS guitars but I love Gotoh bridges. Their wraparound/combination bridge is really nice, I have one waiting for a guitar. Their tuners are decent too. Japan made, they make parts for Tonepros.

Ok... Now that I've seen what on my SE should be upgraded i was surfing on the net just to see but there are a massive amount of Tele, Les Paul and Strat parts and nothing for PRS. I mean... the bridge seems made from recycled cans. What should I put on this guitar for upgrading it? Which machine heads? You know... Are the measures the same than an USA Custom 24? Or PRS is like Fender and Epiphone that the bridges are a little smaller just to be a little different from the american ones?
Yeah, on my bridge on my SE I can't even intonate it right on the high E string because it hits the screw. Seems all Indonesian made guitars are of the same basic quality.

Yeah, it's a Standard 24. I'm thinking of taking the screw out or maybe finding one with a smaller head. I would consider a new bridge but the one I found was half what the guitar cost.

Yeah, on my bridge on my SE I can't even intonate it right on the high E string because it hits the screw. Seems all Indonesian made guitars are of the same basic quality.
I'm having the same problem with my SE standard 24-08. Low E is all the way back and the high E is right up against the screw. Not digging this at all.

Back