UPGRADED: WL EXPERIENCE 2018 SPECIAL SEMI-HOLLOW...

So when I screwed the neck pickup in place after putting the ring on (strongest springs I've seen on a pickup, by the way), I oriented it backwards with the poles pointed north, just like you'd expect on a two humbucker guitar. It sounds pretty darn good like that, but I'm uncertain whether I'll be missing out on the original setup. When the 58/15 MT splits, it's the pole-piece coil that stays alive, correct? The phase would be the same in either pickup orientation, but the split position would be different as well as the position 4 sound, being a little further away. I must say it sounds killer as it is now. I might leave it the way it is and then switch it when I change strings.

Sorry about that! I just was trying to understand the original reason why this particular model had the pickups specifically facing tadem versus the more traditional way you currently have it. Was considering reversing my Brent Mason pickups in similar fashion, which has similar HSH configuration.
I concur, you could be the next Peter Green!

Although if I remember the story, PG’s pickup anomaly was due to a repairman wiring the pickup differently, or Green’s tinkering. Guitar folklore and all that!

PG is on record saying that he didn’t believe there was anything “magic” about the guitar.

Wizard and wand! I suppose that it helped it was then sold to GM who was another wizard!

Back