UPGRADED: WL EXPERIENCE 2018 SPECIAL SEMI-HOLLOW...

Yeah, so I just opened up the box and plugged this thing in. WOW. ***DUDE!!!!!!!***

Some of the best pickups I've ever heard on a PRS. They seem able to go just about anywhere a humbucker ought to go, and the NF sauce in positions 2 and 4 brings a satisfying grin when you click it into gear. I'm COMPLETELY HAPPY with this guitar! SWEET!!! THANKS, PAUL!!!!! I've only plugged it into a Dr. Z Maz 18 here at the office. Can't wait to feed it to my other amps...

I feel exactly the same way about mine. Totally not what I was expecting. Rider1260 spent about an hour playing mine, and two days later he had one on the way.
I can’t hear you.

...IN MCCARTY TOBACCO SUNBURST. BOING!!!!!

paul_reed_smith_eddie_s_guitars_wood_library_special_semi_hollow_mccarty_tobacco_eddies_guitars_9_.jpg
Holy Cr@p!!!
Dipped
In
Glass!!!!

A few pics from opening day:
IMG_1533.jpg

The dealer photos of this color make the burst look black like Tobacco Smokeburst, but you can tell by the back shot that the Sunburst wine color is in full effect. I really like how that looks against the scraped maple binding. The lights in my office and the iPhone make these pic look quite vivid. Note the ziricote header to match the board, which the dealer photos also obscured somewhat. I think it looks nice.

IMG_1534.jpg

Mmmmmm.....FLAME.

IMG_1535.jpg

I need to send this guitar home to engage with some new amps I'm trying out. Reports to follow. This guitar plays exceptionally well, like any PRS guitar should. I have ordered some potential "upgrades" for this guitar as well. If they look better than stock, I will update the thread. But if they look bogus, it never happened....

IMG_1533.jpg

The dealer photos of this color make the burst look black like Tobacco Smokeburst, but you can tell by the back shot that the Sunburst wine color is in full effect. I really like how that looks against the scraped maple binding. The lights in my office and the iPhone make these pic look quite vivid. Note the ziricote header to match the board, which the dealer photos also obscured somewhat. I think it looks nice.

IMG_1534.jpg

Mmmmmm.....FLAME.

IMG_1535.jpg

I need to send this guitar home to engage with some new amps I'm trying out. Reports to follow. This guitar plays exceptionally well, like any PRS guitar should. I have ordered some potential "upgrades" for this guitar as well. If they look better than stock, I will update the thread. But if they look bogus, it never happened....

Mmmm Ziricote!

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Mmmmmm.....FLAME.

IMG_1535.jpg

So.Flippin'.Hot.

VIEW FROM THE COCKPIT:
image_67193601.JPG

The combination of the covered 58/15MTs, the semi-hollow construction, the Korina body, the Maple neck, the Ziricote board: it all adds up to such a unique tonality, I don't have a guitar that sounds like this. Yeah, it can do clean, it can do heavy, it can purr, and it can wail. But not like any of my other guitars. The NF in positions 2 and 4, dude. It's a really nice layer, and I LOVE that position 3 is both humbuckers. I thought I'd prefer the NF tone, but the 2HB tone in position 3 makes for quite the tone-ucopia! The mini-switches make for whatever combo you could ask for. And I don't know what secret sauce is on the volume knob, but that thing is live all the way to zero with such usable tones EVERYWHERE. It's FREAKY.

FREAKING AWESOME.

Back