Upgrade?

thieves&foxes

I was recently thinking of selling my P22 to upgrade to another model. I have always GASSED for a Singlecut Semi Hollow in Artist Package, as well as having serious GAS now for Pauls Guitar, I play alt rock (think Thrice). Don't know if I'll be able to save for one and keep the P22 (which is a beautiful guitar and I love it). Is Pauls guitrar as good as it looks? Will a Singlecut Semi Hollow sate my GAS forever? :prslogo::flute:

GAS is incurable. Oh sure, it goes into remission from time to time, but it's always there, bubbling under the surface.

Doesn't matter what you get, soon thereafter something else will catch your eye.

There is no "better;" there is only different. ;)

Allow me to sneak in to this conversation really quick.

I freakin' love Thrice.

Keep the P22...or go full hollow--SC HB II will rock your world! It'll give you the SC shape, hollow, and the piezo. I have a P22 with 53/10s and a couple SC HBs, both with 57/08s. While the piezo will never replace a good acoustic, in live situations (often quick-change-necessary), it's passable. I'm still somewhat in the honeymoon phase with the SC HB II, but the P22 is getting less and less love.

If you've got 57/08s in your P22, you might be good selling/trading for the SC HB II. If you've got 53/10s, keep the P22 (or swap out the pups before selling!!!!!).

Good luck with the decision.

Will a Singlecut Semi Hollow sate my GAS forever? :prslogo::flute:

Uhhh.... only if 'forever' means 'until the next cool guitar comes along'.

I once heard a rumor of a story of a legend that the third cousin of an acquaintance's next door neighbor's brother-in-law's sister's husband's niece's 4th grade teacher's uncle on her father's side twice removed and once replaced had his GAS sated. But it didn't last.

Back