Upgrade Mira Pickups

CM Harris

Has anyone upgraded the pickups on their Mira? The stock set-up seems somewhat muddy to me. I would imagine the coil-tap function affects the choices. Kinda new to this.

Thanks,
Michele

We talkin' S2 Mira like in your avatar? No experience with those but, I certainly would never call Mira pups muddy. I have 57/08's in my Mira, love 'em.

My new to me Mira ( core ) has the stock pickups , I did add covers they are not one bit muddy on my setup

Same comments as other posters, my mira (core) isn't muddy at all. Have you tried backing down the pickups? I tried looking at your avatar and they seem fairly high/close to the strings (as best as I can tell from the poor pic resolution). Pulling back the pickups and then bringing the screws up a bit can help clean up some mud. It's possible that they were bought way up to reduce the volume drop between switching from humbucker to coil tapped modes.
Are both pickups muddy?

Like I always sez, Try tuning your 6 string Ferrari first. Adjust the pickups before you replace. it usually works.

Same here, not muddy at all (core mapletop). I would say very 'open' sounding.

Hhhhmmmm. Mud? My Mira is old and korina. It's raunchy and gritty but there is no mud. I also have Mira pickups in my HBII because of that raunch.

Back