Upgrade ´97 CE24 with black hardware, new pickup rings, tuners, etc

Catch33

Hi all,

I would like to upgrade my trusty old ce24 with some new hardware.

Currently the tuners are still winged phase I´s, hardware is nickel, the pickup rings are somewhat used and scratched from changing pickups, etc.

Since I really dig the stealth look on some signature models, like e.g. the Dustie Waring, I would really like to change to black hardware.
Though I have no idea if black hw (especially the trem) is a) available at all as separate parts and b) would fit in my ´97 model.

Does anyone have some experience in upgrading some of the hw on an old model?

Cheers!

I just looked at the black tremolo and it is made of steel, so that’s not good.

Maybe you should get a MannMade raw brass bridge and have it powder coated black? If you go to his website, he offers the bridge in black nickel, which is another option.

I just looked at the black tremolo and it is made of steel, so that’s not good.

Maybe you should get a MannMade raw brass bridge and have it powder coated black?
Yea I can’t see the steel being too musical. I’ve heard Mann saw powder coating isn’t great for tone and to avoid it. I’ve emailed him to see what black options he has available. I know he can do black nickel but hoping a blacker option is a potential even if unlikely option.

Good luck on your quest. Black hardware looks really cool, so I hope you can find a solution.

Black Powder... etc... is like putting a condom on your bridge...
Would you?

Sorry but here in the USA , the EPA has put a stop to Black Chrome (which is jet black) years ago...
Now we are left with Black Nickel, which looks like dark car window tint...

Back