UPDATED 11/5 - Vintage Guitar Center Score! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad to hear that, the only people selling them right now are smokin more weed than all of you. $400. :eek: I’ll definitely keep an eye out.

Yeah. No.

JqXbKMn.jpg

Straight six got it right. The really good ones will always be played. Go Sergio on the bridge when you disassemble and clean. I replaced all the screws and the trem springs, and everything cheap that was rusted when I got my beat to snot 03 CE 24. It was so bad my luthier laughed and shook his head. Now it takes names and kicks ass.

You can use imgbb.com or imgur.com to host the pics.
Once he had the guitar, he told me it was really beat up. He also told me that he didn’t think it was actually CE. My heart sank a little, but I convinced him to send me some photos so I could see for myself. Here’s what I got a few minutes later:

Anyone in here have a recommendation for a polish to use on the body? Not trying to make it look new, just wanting to brighten up some of the dull areas.

Straight six got it right. The really good ones will always be played. Go Sergio on the bridge when you disassemble and clean. I replaced all the screws and the trem springs, and everything cheap that was rusted when I got my beat to snot 03 CE 24. It was so bad my luthier laughed and shook his head. Now it takes names and kicks ass.
Hell yeah, I’m hoping this one will be a Cinderella story as well.

After months of hunting for a vintage (pre 1995) Ce24, at a reasonable price, I finally scored what I hope will be the vintage “beater” I’ve been looking for. The guitar was listed on guitar center’s used section online, which I have been checking daily for months. It was priced $500 under any other Pre 95 CE on the bay or reverb, there were no photos uploaded, no serial number listed, no year listed, nothing. Just said CE-24 Black. I immediately called the store and asked If they could pull it out and tell me about it. The employee was not exactly eager to help, but he put me on hold while he pulled the guitar out.

Once he had the guitar, he told me it was really beat up. He also told me that he didn’t think it was actually CE. My heart sank a little, but I convinced him to send me some photos so I could see for myself. Here’s what I got a few minutes later:

4QPo1Ja.jpg
ApLCof1.jpg
A6ynPOS.jpg
ZOeNARE.jpg

JrkNH4B.jpg

A 1993 CE-24 in Black with OHSC. It was love at first sight, and I instantly bought it.

Obviously, it needs a lot of elbow grease to clean up the rust, the finish has certainly seen better days, and the tuners have unfortunately been replaced. But I can live with all of that. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that the neck is clean and the frets are in okay shape. I guess I’ll find out in a few days. Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

There is a polish called guitar scratch remover that can only be bought at guitarscratchremover.com that is the best I’ve ever used. Head straight for it and check out the video. It does exactly what they say it will.

There is a polish called guitar scratch remover that can only be bought at guitarscratchremover.com that is the best I’ve ever used. Head straight for it and check out the video. It does exactly what they say it will.
The video looked impressive. Might have to get me some as well.

Wow, looks pretty great. I appreciate the recommendation

Got the guitar today, and I am PUMPED!!!

Upon opening the case, I was pleasantly surprised to find the following unlisted items waiting in the storage pocket. Two very nice braided cables, A quality leather strap, two sets of elixers (my brand! wrong size though..), some string clipper, a string winder, three additional trem springs (I'll be needing these soon), and of course... a random pick or two.
YvIq2w8.jpg

The next surprise came when I examined the neck. It is in GREAT shape. No dents, scratches or dings and it's straight as an arrow. Can't tell you how happy I was to see this.
xAkulgH.jpg

ryxTgrQ.jpg

Next, the frets. These things were very, very, verrrrrry dirty... The worst I'd ever seen. But after cleaning I discovered only a few small indentations. They've definitely been leveled a time or two, and they're definitely gonna need to be replaced soon, but I'm gonna rock them as is for a little while.

FKcrVdU.jpg
Polishing the frets
Pqp7d6I.jpg

Next, the bridge. As many of you eagle-eyed wizards noticed, it is indeed a mil-com. Score!!

EXNgxvD.jpg

Next, possibly the biggest and best surprise of all.... Thank you Guitar Center!!!

TQImZx9.jpg

X7weXB1.jpg

Here's a shot of the electronics.
IAcocRt.jpg

And a few more shots of the guitar. Notice the back of the headstock, girl has seen some tuners in her day!
xxWSIy3.jpg
ne0Ac2E.jpg
sJBPtbS.jpg
ik42cHd.jpg

Next stop is a full setup, and a cleaning of the bridge. Also have Phase 1 tuners, a new nut, and proper PRS strap buttons on the way. Will keep this thread updated as the mods are done. Thanks for checking her out!

Last edited:
Random, I was just thinking about this guitar. Man, an even better score than expected! Congrats!

Back