UPDATED 11/5 - Vintage Guitar Center Score! Keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m late to this thread, but congrats on a killer CE score! Dragon I pickups for the win!

3khykUw.jpg

The Mann never disappoints! Now to figure out how the hell these things work...

Nice!

They kinda work like this:

D4pjnInUwAA2OnS

Haha, whoops!

Well, this guitar came with a crudely drawn set of instructions on how to use them, I can probably dig that up and get you a photo! ;)
That would be awesome! Would be a nice resource to have documented here.

A few updates on the CE-24

Phase 1 tuners installed and looking great! (The wing on the high E is bugging me too, blame the luthier!)
5M6L9ty.jpg

New ivory switch tip and pickup rings. I’m still on the fence about these, but for now they’re staying on the guitar.
pJJLms7.jpg

And last, but not least... Stainless Steel Frets.
dYLaOkT.jpg

Her transformation is complete! My wallet hurts and my other guitars are very jealous. Thanks for checking her out!

Nice rescue, and I’m really liking the ivory rings. My luthier only does stainless steel frets. Does the tone knob pull up for tapped sounds?

Nice rescue, and I’m really liking the ivory rings. My luthier only does stainless steel frets. Does the tone knob pull up for tapped sounds?
Thanks man!
No coil tap or split on this one. I might consider putting a rotary switch back in though. I’m a big fan of the blended sounds my CU24 gets with the 5-way switch. Definitely happy with where this one is at now though.

A few updates on the CE-24

Phase 1 tuners installed and looking great! (The wing on the high E is bugging me too, blame the luthier!)
5M6L9ty.jpg

New ivory switch tip and pickup rings. I’m still on the fence about these, but for now they’re staying on the guitar.
pJJLms7.jpg

And last, but not least... Stainless Steel Frets.
dYLaOkT.jpg

Her transformation is complete! My wallet hurts and my other guitars are very jealous. Thanks for checking her out!

DUDE!!!!! You win!!!! Very cool story, guitar and killer end result!

Back