Unreleased PRS Strat-type John Mayer

Please do tell us the story!

I took a GFS Neovin Vintage Tele pickup and one of their adaptor rings and installed it a Singlecut SE. It's not a Tele but it's serviceable. The pickup is fairly weak. I'm probably going to try something else when I get the chance. Maybe a Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack.

Did this come up here already? The Prototype sounds pretty good, if you ask me... ;)

Cannot keep quiet, I'm very passionate about PRS (Sell them for a Living), this is a match made in heaven, as I'm a big fan of JM for a long time. The guitar sounds Killer, JM likes to bend strings behind the nut, so that could be one reason for the asymmetrical head stock, looks like a carbon fiber rod (which Paul has in some of his guitars) and the bridge is PRS with tweaks. Paul has made some seriously good pickups in the last few years (58/15LT are Killer), so this would be another.
In my humble opinion this is part of PRS been in their Golden Era, and brings one more fine instrument to the table.

Hello all,
I joined the forum for this... I have been saving for the ultimate S type guitar. I love the look and feel of every PRS I pickup. I have officially put my purchase on hold until this guitar comes out. Please don't take too long Mr. Smith... I am currently W.G. (Without Guitar).

Hello all,
I joined the forum for this... I have been saving for the ultimate S type guitar. I love the look and feel of every PRS I pickup. I have officially put my purchase on hold until this guitar comes out. Please don't take too long Mr. Smith... I am currently W.G. (Without Guitar).
Here's to hoping you get what you want!

Hello all,
Buy an SE EG to tide you over. Other than the volume knob being too close to the bridge, it`s great. A Maryand version will be much better.

I thought NAMM would bring us news about this. :(
Nah, that stage isn't big enough for PRS, they'll hold off till the Anaheim NAMM show in 2018. Besides, let Mayer play it all Fall on his solo tour, get the marketing pot boiling and THEN release it. Summer is probably a slow sales time in the industry anyhow.

Rumor on the gearpage that this guitar isn't seeing the "green light" for production ?
Anyone else heard ? John seems to be favoring a fiesta red vintage strat on this fall solo tour.

Rumor on the gearpage that this guitar isn't seeing the "green light" for production ?
Anyone else heard ? John seems to be favoring a fiesta red vintage strat on this fall solo tour.

I'm hearing the same thing, but also from the Gear Page. I have put off buying an S type since this guitar made its first appearance. I wish we knew if it were going to be produced or not. I've been saving my shekels for a nice version of this guitar.

Back