Unreleased PRS Strat-type John Mayer

The problem wouldn´t be to bolt it or not to bolt it. The scale (relation among bridge position-nut position-frets placement) would be affected.

This is something from the factory, I don´t think this is a kit. The reverse headstock with no TRC makes me think that is a prototype and we shouldn´t recognize the brand... ok, we do. But normal people out there?

Looks to me like PRS made him a neck to bolt on to a Strat body. I've seen mentions of it being the return of the DC3, but I don't know. With the top loading input jack, the Strat control configuration, and the carve and shape of the body, I'm going with my gut.

There are pictures on Facebook that show a close up. PRS' Instagram feed didn't seem to show the guitar...at least during the time of my posting.

Solid color, bolt on neck..... let's hope for my wallets sake it will be in the CE/Bolt-on range of guitars!
They will sell tons... Can't wait for the announcement!!
We're thinking the same idea. Looks like a flat top as well. Hell, if it gets a "Mayer Signature" tag...Paul better be prepared for back orders. The Mayer devotees (me included) seem to have the cash to
throw at their muse.

Yeah, I don't see the point of doing it as another Private Stock. They already did the Super Eagle, and while it's a really awesome guitar and a feat of guitar building expertise, it's just not accessible to the average joe. Given the pics we've seen, I'm with @MichaelC24. It looks like something that would fit right in with the rest of the bolt-on lineup.

Back