Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

NEW GUITAR DAY!
2017 PRS S2 "Reclaimed Wood" Vela
Date of manufacture St. Patrick's Day 2017.
(My wife says she's glad there are no nail holes in it as some others in this series have. hahaha)
The sunlight was kinda bright so I can assure you that it is better looking in person where you can really see the pink streaks in the top wood a lot better.
Even the Mahogany back has a lot of 3D effect in the light. Very unique and recognizable appearance. Very happy!!!
Extending public THANKS to Matt at Action Music in Falls Church Virginia for calling in my order as soon as I hung up with him!

PRS-2017-Vela-Reclaimed-Wood-HANGAR18.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-01.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-02.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-03.jpg

PRS-2017-Vela-04.jpg
We need to hear the beast! Don't make this DC boy drive to Virginia and knock on your front door!

Umm.....old dog, new tricks? :p

Old dog...guilty. :oops:
?..make it semi-hollow, add an f hole, use reclaimed wood...
...and PRS magic. The thin finish and more raw feel are warm and inviting. Plus, it has the typically impeccable PRS neck work with perfect frets. I searched all over and could not find a real flaw. Great, great guitar.

vela3.jpg

Remind me again why I waited so long to get a Vela? o_O I haven't been so impressed with a new (to me) model guitar, ever. The initial tone tests tell me the D type pickup is possibly my favorite PRS neck pickup. Sounded so good thru the Super Dallas with trem, reverb, and delay it would bring a tear to your eye. Just wow...

Some thought it would sound really bright. To me, not that much. It's warm, but articulate, and the volume control backs down the tone as much as the volume. I'm so anxious to gig this guitar.
I'm actually surprised it took this long. Seems like a guitar that suits you. I think you were just getting lazy. :D I should grab one of these before they all disappear.

Yesterday was NGD on my Vela. I know, pics or it didn't happen. But I don't have any yet. I'll try to get some over the weekend. It's a pretty uniformly colored top, which is mildly disappointing (I really love the streaky tops in many of the pictures), but I'll live with that because it's still an absolutely beautiful guitar that can rival any of my other PRSi in terms of tone and playability. Overall, I am incredibly happy that I managed to get in on this limited run!

Back