Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

Jason did it. And he said pretty much exactly what I typed - he never said anything about the CE. He started to, and then didn't. I didn't take the time to try it - for one thing, I was afraid I'd like it!

They did have a used Bernie Marsden in the basement, too.
I got an email from them with that Archon combo at a stupid low price. I may run down on Saturday to rescue it.

I am absolutely floored at the total awesome variety of tops these guitars have! From total elegance of a clean top, nicely understated, to the gnarly weather-beaten look of John Hurt as the War Doctor, with or without nail holes and cracks, the red tones melting with amber-brown, we have a fantastic run of guitars here!

I got an email from them with that Archon combo at a stupid low price. I may run down on Saturday to rescue it.

I'll be curious to hear what you think about the CE. I wouldn't even touch it - didn't want to risk it.

And I looked at that Archon and had to keep telling myself I didn't need it. It worked, but barely. If I knew for sure I would be playing out, I don't think I'd have had the will power.

If anyone is still searching for a CE24, NStuff Music has one in stock. Not a shill for NStuff, but I can't afford it now, so figured I'd pass the availability along to any of you looking.

Apparently the son needs new glasses and the wife wants the porch repainted this spring....oh well.

Luna that's a beautiful collection! I have some wall mounts but I was reading that mine aren't ideal for nitro finish? This will be my first nitro...was that a concern for you?

Another Vela just popped on Reverb. The price was "lowered" to $1249...LOL... 7 day return policy, shipping free from Florida... o_Oo_Oo_O

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice top with a good bit of subtle character lines and some greenish areas to the wood on the bottom.
Without posting a sound clip I will try and give a bit of a tone description:
Plugged into a fender 57 tweed deluxe reissue at low vol and a mesa express on the blues channel with very little gain simultaneously through a splitter. This is not exactly crystal clear but fairly clean. I have a core Starla, so had some idea what the bridge might sound like but never heard one of these neck pups: The guitar is very resonant and I love the weight. Light and very comfortable hanging off my neck, like an old pair of jeans. Comparing it to my other two semi-hollows: has a nice woodiness to it like my ES-339 but obviously those pickups are very different. A little more similarity to my PRS HBII in resonance but I dare say this one is more resonant. the wood and the minimal lacquer finish contribute outstandingly here. I prefer the neck as well, as I love minimally finished or unfinished necks. No stickiness here. the guitar sustains for days.
Neck pup-beautiful three dimensional tone, a bit strat like but warmer with more oomph, not chimey. legato runs, yes sir and can really growl, or should I say pur. Adding a healthy amount of gain with a Wampler pinnacle and wow. I am going to down tune it a half step and try some Texas blues on the neck this weekend for reference.
Bridge pup-very nice articulation, bright enough but does not get spikey. I preferred it with the tone around 6-7. I played some gained up Joe B. for reference and it can hit that tone but with a different sort of character. It seems to get into typical bridge humbucker territory better than my Starla bridge. A little less Gretchy..which I really liked. Like the Starla, you might say it is it's own thing, but a bit more familiar.
The middle position will take some more time for me. not really a 2-4 position tone, but its own thing. More tele-like I think but I am not a Country picker.
Build quality is top notch, as you would expect. It has a rootsy feel with the reclaimed wood and minimal lacquer finish, which I believe also adds to the resonance of this guitar. This is now the 6th USA PRS I currently have in my collection and easily holds its own among them. Something about the mojo I love. makes me want to sit in the lake house by a fire and rip on some slow blues...but that's just me.
I hope this was at least mildly interesting or helpful. I would be interested to hear from some others who have received theirs.

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice top with a good bit of subtle character lines and some greenish areas to the wood on the bottom.
Nice report! I can't say I have played mine enough, or paid enough attention while I was playing, to be as descriptive as you.

But! We need pics of your beauty!

Plugged into a fender 57 tweed deluxe reissue at low vol and a mesa express on the blues channel with very little gain simultaneously through a splitter. This is not exactly crystal clear but fairly clean. I have a core Starla, so had some idea what the bridge might sound like but never heard one of these neck pups: The guitar is very resonant and I love the weight. Light and very comfortable hanging off my neck, like an old pair of jeans. Comparing it to my other two semi-hollows: has a nice woodiness to it like my ES-339 but obviously those pickups are very different. A little more similarity to my PRS HBII in resonance but I dare say this one is more resonant. the wood and the minimal lacquer finish contribute outstandingly here. I prefer the neck as well, as I love minimally finished or unfinished necks. No stickiness here. the guitar sustains for days.
Neck pup-beautiful three dimensional tone, a bit strat like but warmer with more oomph, not chimey. legato runs, yes sir and can really growl, or should I say pur. Adding a healthy amount of gain with a Wampler pinnacle and wow. I am going to down tune it a half step and try some Texas blues on the neck this weekend for reference.
Bridge pup-very nice articulation, bright enough but does not get spikey. I preferred it with the tone around 6-7. I played some gained up Joe B. for reference and it can hit that tone but with a different sort of character. It seems to get into typical bridge humbucker territory better than my Starla bridge. A little less Gretchy..which I really liked. Like the Starla, you might say it is it's own thing, but a bit more familiar.
The middle position will take some more time for me. not really a 2-4 position tone, but its own thing. More tele-like I think but I am not a Country picker.
Build quality is top notch, as you would expect. It has a rootsy feel with the reclaimed wood and minimal lacquer finish, which I believe also adds to the resonance of this guitar. This is now the 6th USA PRS I currently have in my collection and easily holds its own among them. Something about the mojo I love. makes me want to sit in the lake house by a fire and rip on some slow blues...but that's just me.
I hope this was at least mildly interesting or helpful. I would be interested to hear from some others who have received theirs.

Great write up!

This was like an author illustrating an elaborate scene. The way you described the tone, I can hear it in my head perfectly.

Make me want one even more

My PRS collection prior to the new addition and the new Vela. I am out of room on that wall so looks like one will have to share and adjacent wall with the Gibsons or Fenders.
IMG_0229_zpsgigtrgg3.jpg

IMG_0241_zpsgxhjpu6v.jpg

Back