Unintended Consequences

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
So I popped into my local pusher today to pick up some strings. They didn’t have the ones I wanted, but I did end up with some. Six exactly. Attached to a used import guitar of another brand. Since it’s not PRS, no NGD thread and no pics, but if I did post a pic, it might look something like this:

ps10-2.jpg

Import version with a few bumps and bruises and a low price. Something I’ve looked at numerous times over the years. Things just fell together today.

So, an Iceman, a Gene bass - all I need is an Ace LP (even an Epi) to get Shawn to pop over!

Nice one Alan. What you won’t do to make Shawn feel at home!

Is that shape not similar to Paul Gilbert’s guitar? If so, who stole the body shape from whom?

Nice one Alan. What you won’t do to make Shawn feel at home!

Is that shape not similar to Paul Gilbert’s guitar? If so, who stole the body shape from whom?

Ibanez had the Iceman out for a few years before Paul Stanley endorsed it. I think Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick had an endorsement deal before him, but only in Japan. Paul Gilbert liked the Iceman shape, but wanted to change it for his signature guitar, thus the Fireman.

FWIW, this is Paul Stanley's third or fourth go-round with Ibanez. He's jumped endorsement deals regularly. Rumor is that's how he hurt his hip and needed replacement surgery. :rolleyes:

Also, FWIW, this one isn't a signature model (so no pick guard or tail piece). I just always thought the Iceman was a cool-looking guitar. My Gene bass is a signature model (import) - I still regret not getting the guitar version, too.

That and a Destroyer were high on my wish list when I was younger.......still want one of each. Nice job.

I still want an Explorer shape - I've looked at Destroyers a few times, but I miss the hockey stick headstock on those.

Back