Unicorns

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I wanna see some unicorns. Not the magic kind that promise change. Not the rainbow glittery kind. And not the 'lifestyle' kind either. I'm looking for the rare PRS kind.

Guys always toss out the term "rare" when describing their guitars (especially on eBay) but so few deserve it. How about a thread of truly RARE PRS guitars?

Bonus points if someone can find a Rosewood Limited with a tremolo. I've only ever seen one.

My 2010 Christmas Card.....All Unicorns!

IMG_1124.jpg

2007 I believe

Family2007.jpg

The "One" that started it all.......2006 20th Aniv Jet White SC Artist

WhiteFamily034.jpg

One I never should have sold.....

Guitars2006022.jpg

McTrem.jpg

Last edited:
Mira 245 in frost blue metallic - it's the only one I know of that exists in this colour. The 25th anniversary 245s were (almost) invariably bursts, no solid colours appeared in the catalogue nor was 'special order finish' an option. I have seen a couple white ones, but this is the only FBM I am aware of (this is the dealer's photo, but I bought it). My theory is that maybe this is the old Fender trick of using solid colours to cover up bursts that weren't applied correctly, so it may have started life in a different colour?

3958b.JPG

I've also got a Starla with an Indian rosewood neck - there are only five of those in existence, apparently (according to PRS UK anyway!) They are 2013 model year guitars (but made at the end of 2012) so quite recent - one last fancy kick at the Starla I guess before the S2s took over. No pics handy of that one just yet though.

Do those qualify as genuinely rare? :)

Jet Whitey - that's some cool looking collection!

The frosty 25th mira is cool. Seeing it on standard Miras is uncommon too.

My Mira while not rare has a finish i've seen on 2 miras in the UK with the green burst - I can't comment state side, but it looks cool.

This one is rare enough to almost be a unicorn, unfortunately not mine anymore - from the Singlecut Trem run with IRW necks (I think there were less than 100 of these?) - this one has a modcat for Emerald Green but changed to purple (as a special order partway through construction apparently) with a one-piece quilted top. I do wish I hadn't sold this one :-(

I'm not sure anything I have really qualifies, but there were 4 of these built. They are interesting in that we commonly lust over pernambuco necks on electrics and don't think much about other uses - pernambuco back and sides = incredible sound.
CK_302CollectionBack.JPG

I'm not sure anything I have really qualifies, but there were 4 of these built. They are interesting in that we commonly lust over pernambuco necks on electrics and don't think much about other uses - pernambuco back and sides = incredible sound.
CK_302CollectionBack.JPG

Unbelievable. Love it.

Not sure if this one counts but you don't see too many PRS guitars with a birdseye maple top. Hand signed headstock as well. Please pardon my dust.

DSCN2883_zpsda5347bd.jpg

91-1_zps969a97a9.jpg

91-8_zps9573740f.jpg

Yep Jet Whitey wins.

None the less, the only #33 in existence. Yeah I said that (in my best Ron Burgundy sacred whisper).
PD100Studio07_zps978bd869.jpg

Back