Unexpected NAD

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Well, after just hearing about the existence of this amp yesterday, I was quite surprised when I found a VHT D-50 in a music store locally. The store itself is somewhat new to me (thanks for alerting me to Third Rock Music's existence, @DreamTheaterRules ), had been there once before a month or so ago, decided to head out there today and the first thing I see when heading for amps was a D-50 sitting on the matching VHT 112 cab. Plugged in, was immediately in love with the clean tone. I was really enjoying the cleans. Finally switched over to OD, really enjoyed the OD as well. Flipped switches, turned knobs, could not get a sound out of it that I didn't like. Then sales guy says "we just got a used one in, regular customer who trades in all the time, it's like new". Brought it out, and indeed, it's like new and also sound glorious. So, I could not resist, and ended up leaving with the head and the 112 closed back cab. Took it over to my buddy Doug's shop because I knew he'd appreciate it. He and I opened it up loud with my semi-hollow Vela, and were both really quite happy with the tone - he turned knobs while I played, and then vice versa. I believe I'm going to be ludicrously happy with this amp.

vht.jpg

So sweet. Congrats on the NAD.

I’ve been living on the the D style amps in my AXE3 this week. Sounds great with the new hollow body. But that sounds great with your SH Vela.

Very nice!
I always try and go for the matching cab, too. I tell myself they were created to work together.

I had concerns since I didn't know what the VHT Chromeback speaker would sound like, but it sounds dang good...will probably do a demo video - particularly since DTR had initially asked me to do the Vela through something Dumble-ish, and what I got out of my Helix was nowhere near as Dumbley as this is.

Congrats! If sounds as good as it looks what a score!

Not an amp I've heard of until today. Dig learning about new gear and looking forward to hearing more.

Mainly Tony, and I didn't catch the other guy's name. I'll definitely be going back there more often, great guys and great store.
I've dealt with Tony for over 25 years. I have at least 3 guitars I bought from him. Greg (his partner) is a good guy too. Those two were Buddy Rogers lifers til B/R shut down, and they opened their own store. Couple other good guys there, but I always deal with Tony.

Back