Unexpected (and in a good way) SC594 NGD

jeffroel

So,
after 10 years with my SC245 57/08 being my main guitar, a few months ago I decided to let it go since I wasn't playing it too much and I thought I had my singlecut bases covered with my R8 and a really nice DC594. Since the SC594 came to the market I've been thinking about getting one but I always thought it was a bit redundant in my collection, but I wasn't able to get it out of my head.

And then I decided to get a non 10 top Fire Red Burst SC594 and this '21 beauty was what I saw when I opened the case:

YY5PB4D.jpg

I was in shock with the quality of the top, since I had bought a non 10 top. It's just amazing and, strangely enough, the guitar has the headstock marked as 10 top but the modcat says it's not (and PRS customer service says it shows as non 10 top in their archives). Does anyone has experience with something like this? I can see that the top is not completely perfect, but if you ask I would catalog it as 10 top.

Regarding the tone, I have to play it a bit more, but I can feel there's something special in this model, with all the new tweaks from 2020. I'll post later this week with my impression after comparing it with my other guitars.

Here some more pictures of it with her sisters...

lDMxxHt.jpg

6PJKZ9T.jpg

That’s a good looking collection! Congrats on the new add. There is indeed something special about the SC594!

OMG...that is SO nice. As I scrolled down and started to see the finish I got goosebumps. Killer instrument, play it in good health sir !

Back